New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that this week or next week at latest we should here SOMETHING (whether album or no album) it's good to see Bono, Edge + Chris together. Maybe it's go time. Personally I am really hoping they drop a surprise single on us in the next week or two. You never know it could happen. But right now my confidence went from maybe 90% this year release to 80%. So my hopes are still high for a release this year. I am sure I'll be leaning toward a 2014 release though if we don't hear anything by mid september.

Yeah Bono + Edge seen together must surely mean that there is no album! Damn, they are together it MUST mean that the album will not come out till 2015!! Thank god they were not seen with Larry and Adam if not we will NEVER get an album!

3ql6xy.jpg

Babyface, you should start a twitter thread over near the misc. news thread. It's always good to hear whatever we can, but there's been such difference of opinion over whether tweets belong in either the new album or news threads. That way people who want tweets can get them and naysayers won't be bothered.

Yeah Bono + Edge seen together must surely mean that there is no album! Damn, they are together it MUST mean that the album will not come out till 2015!! Thank god they were not seen with Larry and Adam if not we will NEVER get an album!

It's always nice to see B&E together, but nothing at all to get excited about. They're close friends, business partners, creative collaborators on non-U2 projects etc etc. Now, if say Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were spotted at some shindig, that would get my hopes up for something Led Zep-related brewing (simply coz they seem to have as little as possible to do with each other at all other times).

Now, if say Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were spotted at some shindig, that would get my hopes up for something Led Zep-related brewing (simply coz they seem to have as little as possible to do with each other at all other times).

THIS....THIS....THIS :rockon:

What this world needs is THE HAMMER OF THE GODS to tour again...

@greeneandy: U2 are smart to push their album to 2014. Hard to compete with Arcade Fire, Eminem, Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley, Timberlake and Pearl Jam.

@greeneandy: No official confirmation, but I'd be almost anything it's 2014. No idea what month though.

They're bigger than almost all those artists. And I don't think they compete with Gaga, Perry, Eminem or Timberlake. Different audiences. You could make a point about Pearl Jam or Arcade Fire but they'll outsell both of them easily. Those releases would be a weird reason to postpone the album.

They're bigger than almost all those artists. And I don't think they compete with Gaga, Perry, Eminem or Timberlake. Different audiences. You could make a point about Pearl Jam or Arcade Fire but they'll outsell both of them easily. Those releases would be a weird reason to postpone the album.

I don't know if it's a problem of competition or attention.
If you release an album alone you'll get everyone's attention.

I don't know if it's a problem of competition or attention.
If you release an album alone you'll get everyone's attention.

Great point

I can see U2 switching the album release depending on what's happening in the market.

Why compete when there's gaps for them to have the whole market!

I don't think they'll ever be "alone" when releasing an album. Pushing back release dates because of "competition" IMO doesn't look very good. It looks like they don't believe in themselves enough or are getting cold feet. If the album comes out in spring 2014, there will be other artists with new releases. Personally I think U2 are up to any form of competition.

Apart from that, as far as their is no official word on the new album and its release, it could still be 2013.

I don't think they'll ever be "alone" when releasing an album. Pushing back release dates because of "competition" IMO doesn't look very good. It looks like they don't believe in themselves enough or are getting cold feet. If the album comes out in spring 2014, there will be other artists with new releases. Personally I think U2 are up to any form of competition.

Apart from that, as far as their is no official word on the new album and its release, it could still be 2013.

Not alone, but this fall is pretty full of releases.

On the other hand, if I was part of Universal I will never release all of those artists at the same time.

Anyone who has been following U2 for a significant amount of time will know their worst nightmare is to get drowned out by "hotter" artists. Each time they come out of hibernation, they like to have the spotlight to themselves (five nights on Letterman, impromptu rooftop gigs, you name it). November will be stacked, and a rock fossil like U2 will get lost in the shuffle. This isn't just about sales, it's about being the focus of attention (which U2 have always craved).

If the album comes out in spring 2014, there will be other artists with new releases.

I was going to make this very point. There will always be someone competing for attention. And if not anything planned, then the sleepers can also steal the thunder- like how no one really saw the Adele thing coming. Or the new trend of surprise releases.

If that's why they delay, it's a poor excuse.

Hahaha, there's no way U2 releases an album in 2013. The hype machine would have started months ago. At this rate, we'd be lucky for spring of 2014. All of you hoping that U2 is "keeping quiet" to surprise us; when have they EVER done that before? U2 is notorious for delaying planned album releases.

Rule #1 of being U2 fan: Don't get your hopes up about album release dates.

Hahaha, there's no way U2 releases an album in 2013. The hype machine would have started months ago. At this rate, we'd be lucky for spring of 2014. All of you hoping that U2 is "keeping quiet" to surprise us; when have they EVER done that before? U2 is notorious for delaying planned album releases.

Rule #1 of being U2 fan: Don't get your hopes up about album release dates.

wow, you're so much smarter than all those idiots! :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom