New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread should be titled: "Discussion/Speculation Continued... what for, we don't know"

There should be no new thread ever! We should keep quite for a while to make the band freak out that their fan base aren't waiting for them anymore!!
5 years?? I will forget them... I'm not a fucking sheep!

5 years... They better lick my *** with a GREAT album when they're coming back otherwise it will be the end for me with this group.

So Adam waits until he's in his 50s, and then fathers 2 children? I feel bad and hope that the 1st child doesn't get left out too much, living in another country and Adam being married to another woman, with whom he'll be having a baby. I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old, and I would never want to spend more than a day or two away from them. Not saying I'm a better father, different circumstances entirely. I'm just saying I couldn't do what they do and go long periods without seeing their kids.

I'm sure that both kids will have a significant advantage, financially speaking.

So Adam waits until he's in his 50s, and then fathers 2 children? I feel bad and hope that the 1st child doesn't get left out too much, living in another country and Adam being married to another woman, with whom he'll be having a baby. I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old, and I would never want to spend more than a day or two away from them. Not saying I'm a better father, different circumstances entirely. I'm just saying I couldn't do what they do and go long periods without seeing their kids.

I'm sure that both kids will have a significant advantage, financially speaking.

It can't be worse than Keith Richards childrens... What a mess.

I don't have to do anything! including buying the album or seeing them live. :wink:

That's true. It is your money, after all! :)

Anyway, that fan club membership just seems like a total ripoff to me. Maybe because in my mid 30s such things don't excite me anymore. ;)

I suppose it's all what you want to get out of it. Sure, the website doesn't offer much in terms of new info or things for a daily basis. But I don't mind keeping it up each year for the presale opportunities and CDs (among other things). I've been a member of some fan clubs where I've paid more and gotten far less than what this band's has given me. It's not the best one, but it's not the worst either.

True. :lol:

Speaking of Peter Gabriel, I liked 'Us' almost as much as 'So' :heart: but never gave 'Up' a listen. :/

Up is good. Not great like Us and So, but it has its moments.
Darkness, Sky Blue, I Grieve, Signal to Noise, all good tracks.

But as far as original new studio material, PG has done a decade TWICE.

Us - Up 10 years.

Up - to present 11 years and counting.

He has released one...that's ONE studio album of original material in 20 years.
And it's not like he's retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom