New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

i've missed some of the firewerks!

actually I think there might some threats from the very strictCatholic side of religion but don't have time to post

OH and I say that as an ex-Catholic

how still has some serious respect for some of what the catholic church does

I think we're in the same boat on Catholicism. I feel that each reasonable religion has some truth to it, but without the other truths its a useless concept. But then again if all the fat was cut away the meat that remains would be too much for most people to comprehend. So again, useless. God should be treated like your browser history, kept to yourself. Its a one on one relationship.

BUT

Belittling someone's faith and their route to it is disrespectful and being disrespectful is pretty much what a douchebag is. Theres just no place for it. It does nothing but return a negative response.

There are days when I come back from taking a self-imposed 24-hour Interference break and thoroughly enjoy reading the backlog of pages. This is not one of those days.

yeah, interference is really pretty pathetic lately. almost enough for me to try to get used to the @U2 forums or something, and i've been here for a decade.

yeah, interference is really pretty pathetic lately. almost enough for me to try to get used to the @U2 forums or something, and i've been here for a decade.

That ghost town? I'm sure they just discovered that The Suburbs leaked.

haha, I've never even visited there before, so I have no idea how behind-the-times they are.

I sometimes go there because there is less riff-raff to sift through to find the rumors. I don't post there, but I sometimes read there. I actually like the site, Matt & crew do a good job with it, but interference is so much more FUN!

I'd say xda forms are probably some of the best moderated and drama free forums I've ever visited.

Agreed, but it's kind of comparing apples to oranges. The happiness of the XDA community is provided by the dedication and hard work of thousands of developers. The happiness (or lack thereof) here is based on the ambition and work of four seemingly-slightly-disinterested Irish dudes.

Plus, the discussions here are almost always opinion-driven (not necessarily bad, that's just how it is on a band's fan forum). Discussions on XDA are usually asking questions and direct comments/suggestions with the developers.

I'm not saying Interference gets a free pass in that regard, just pointing out that there's a rather distinct difference.

I'd say xda forms are probably some of the best moderated and drama free forums I've ever visited.

Depending on the device, IMO. I had an older Motorola that I used to mess around with and the level of assholery and condescension displayed in the sub forum for that device far exceeded what I saw for other devices.

At any rate, I very rarely saw a mod step in and take sides or issue edicts. Very rarely.

Favorite referring to Mrs. G. I don't know how to copy and paste posts bc I suck.

Haha thank you for that. Don't know how I made your list but I bow down to you for the compliment or whatever. Im just a silly fucker who posts here, sometimes its life experiences, sometimes its other shit.

Anyway, thanks for your words :hug:

This poster called me a douchebag in a thread yesterday.

So, all bets are off.

Plus this, if you've read the *I*diot's assortment of ludicrous conspiracy theory-minded posts about U2 being puppets under the iron fist of Jimmy Iovine.

Im sorry if someone called you a bad name. If you want to retort in kind, then that is understandable. However, its not always the right thing to do. Again, been there and done that myself, so don't think im judging you okay.

However, you can be the better man, I think you have it in you, I really do. So be the better man, let it go, and be at peace with yourself!

Remember, no matter where you are in life, the glass is always half FULL. and if you ever need help with that, give me a shout by PM and we'll talk.

:hug::up::beer:

Im sorry if someone called you a bad name. If you want to retort in kind, then that is understandable. However, its not always the right thing to do. Again, been there and done that myself, so don't think im judging you okay.

However, you can be the better man, I think you have it in you, I really do. So be the better man, let it go, and be at peace with yourself!

Remember, no matter where you are in life, the glass is always half FULL. and if you ever need help with that, give me a shout by PM and we'll talk.

:hug::up::beer:

What he's trying to say, Laz is don't

to the level of the original name-caller. (Minus the "s" at the end.)

Besides, it's always the person who responds, not initiates, who gets flagged or T'd up.

Bono with Edge and Chris Blackwell in Monaco :hmm:

Wonder if we'll get a mysterious tweet from Chris again which will disappear afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom