New Album Discussion: Electric Lady Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from holidays and try to keep up with the news. When I came here to check the album news and saw this new thread, I thought the new U2 album will be called "Electric Lady". :doh:

Should be interesting.

This is Danger Mouse.
BLxof2kCAAA7dC2.jpg:large

A wrap up celebration with the producer ? :hmm:

I had a chuckle at the comments from last month about Bono's natural hair color..

Any other news, other than hair?

Well, we've got three out of four and we know that all Larry needs to do is brush off that portrait in the attic, so, no.

I did think that boys lurk over there. :ohmy:

If we see the Bono gut disappear for real, with no tailor's tricks, then I'll bet that we're very close indeed.

I'll go ahead and bet that we're very close because they're mixing the album, and members of the band said they were aiming for a fall release, not because of Bono's gut.

U2 certainly are surrounding themselves with some 'young and hip dudes' for this album cycle. Lots of beards and moustaches. Could this be U2's hipster album? City & Colour influence?

I just returned from holidays and try to keep up with the news. When I came here to check the album news and saw this new thread, I thought the new U2 album will be called "Electric Lady". :doh:

Should be interesting.

as I hinted at in the other thread, one possible them of the album will be inflatable lady (or ladies). You don't actually believe all of those guitar cases are full of guitars, now do you?

I am about to lose my fucking mind. I have not thought about the band in forever, then see the news that they are currently finishing an album around the corner from where I live!!!!

Wow.

I'll go ahead and bet that we're very close because they're mixing the album, and members of the band said they were aiming for a fall release, not because of Bono's gut.

Agreed. If the album is being mixed now, early June, it will most likely be completely finished and ready for release by the fall. I think we will see the U2 press/hype machine start to kick in soon. I would guess first single is released by September at the latest, with accompanying video and at least a month of pre-release interviews, promo gigs, late night show gigs, etc. October or November album release. Tour starts early next year. We are getting really close.

The only thing that could cause a big delay would be if they decide to scrap and start over, but that seems less likely this time. They would have scrapped Dangermouse a while back if they were going to do that.

I was following this news while I was gallivanting around Ireland. I say, old chaps. Very exciting, wot wot.

U2 certainly are surrounding themselves with some 'young and hip dudes' for this album cycle. Lots of beards and moustaches. Could this be U2's hipster album? City & Colour influence?

I don't think U2's had a hipster album since The Unforgettable Fire... before those people had a name.

I hope to god you aren't including Chris Martin as someone either young or hip.

Zing!

I am about to lose my fucking mind. I have not thought about the band in forever, then see the news that they are currently finishing an album around the corner from where I live!!!!

Wow.

ouizy, you're too late - i think they've left! :D

(actually i have no idea, all the latest news is getting to be a bit of a blur) ;)

And to think I was just in NYC staying 1 mile from Electric Lady Studios...unbelievable :doh:

someone at the atu2 boards claims U2 are talking album art with artist Jose Parla

José Parlá

could we be looking at something like this for a cover?

header1.jpg

I want to believe we're close, but won't really feel good until there's an official announcement.

I'm wondering if U2 are just now starting to WORK on the album, not mix it. Not saying they haven't been working before, but just seems weird we really haven't seen them, either over here in the states, or in Dublin. Usually we get fan sightings.

If they are mixing, then we should see something in the next four to six months. If they are still recording, then we have till 2014.

Regardless of whether they release it in late 2013 or spring '14, I'm just glad they appear to have committed to DM. Ofc, that may change in the coming months if they spiral into a fret over not having the big pop hits, but so far so good it seems. We haven't had a truly cohesive U2 album in 20 years or more. It'll be nice to listen to the new record without several "WTF was THAT?!" songs cropping up.

I want to believe we're close, but won't really feel good until there's an official announcement.

I'm wondering if U2 are just now starting to WORK on the album, not mix it. Not saying they haven't been working before, but just seems weird we really haven't seen them, either over here in the states, or in Dublin. Usually we get fan sightings.

If they are mixing, then we should see something in the next four to six months. If they are still recording, then we have till 2014.

The phrase "NOWHERE NEAR" seems to be either diversionary or ominous..depending on perspective, I suppose..

What were they playing for Lanois and Chris Blackwell then? Demos??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom