New Album Cover Proposal: What do you think Mr. The Edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majid23

Acrobat
This is made with the photo Anton Corbijn took for the calendar...What do you guys think? (Mr. The Edge, don't hesitate to criticize ;-) )

U2HTDAABcover.jpg

Now this is what I mean :drool:
Bye Four5One, Hello majid23!

Allthough maybe it looks a little to much like ATYCLB
:scratch:

its a good picture... but as an album cover for HTDAAB, i dunno... to me it would feel like U2 going back to JT (the style of the picure). I want something new.

Thanks...The red doesn't look as nice as the original. I tried increasing color depth, etc. but nothing changed. Anyways, thanks for the comments.

I dig it. It's very simple and clean. A more dramatic image with the sky, etc. than the image they actually chose - or that people are speculating they chose, I should say.

That Corbijn... he does good work, eh?

Thanks for your comments...any suggestions? (word placement, colors, etc.?) Looks like the Amazon.com cover is going to be the official cover anyways...I think that's a nice cover, eventhough most people don't like it...

Like the image but the font size could be a bit smaller. Let the image give the impact. Other than that, I think this look is better than the previous cover they have now.

Just for kicks, I was thinking about something that U2 may be doing based on the cover and artdirection in their latest CD single. It looks like they are going for a very graphic look. I wonder if they are going to release the album first on Itunes with a copy of the album cover as a download as well?

Just a thought.

to explore what else could be interesting, I've explored another -slightly more abstract- possibility:

htdaab.jpg

Somehow I don't think this would be very commercial though:wink:

cheers!

boosterjuice said:
Cool, I like it. Very punk-rock

I agree, very punk. If other songs were similar to Vertigo, it would work. But I don't think the album will be very punk overall. Too bad, I am in that mood now. Listening to The Clash now. :yes: The Guns of Brixton

thanks for the feedback, both of you...:up:
bsp77 said:
Listening to The Clash now. :yes: The Guns of Brixton

Gang of Four here right now, I sorta prefer them over The Clash at sometimes :uhoh:

:yes: to the second one. First one's a little JT/UF-ish. Second one's... modern. :der: Not the right word, but whatever. I like it! :up:

klappie said:
to explore what else could be interesting, I've explored another -slightly more abstract- possibility:

htdaab.jpg

Somehow I don't think this would be very commercial though:wink:

cheers!

I can't see an album with this on the front selling a million copies, but still cool!

The calendar pic looks nice, but the style looks too similar to that of ATYCLB and UF. It needs to have its own feel to it. Now the pic klappie posted would work great.

Last edited:
thanks again! I agree this would hardly be considered a 'commerically appealing' cover...it's just that I wished they'd gone for a more abstract sort of cover instead of the current one... It worked well with AB and Zooropa...

For those wondering the link with this pic and U2 it obviously is a detail from this recent one:
U2_160904_L.jpg

'night!

I like it, this should be the cover....but since I was kicked out of the band 25 years ago, I have no say anymore

who knew that the cowbell wouldn't be popular in rock music???:(

I think the cover that has appeared on Amazon and now on U2 achtung is the officaal one, because Bono has been talking about taking more of a "graphic arts" approach to the videos, so this could tie in with the print work for the album cover, CD labels etc.

The videos and whole promotional campaign could be very different to what we have seen in the past for U2 (with a nod to punk-rock art from the 70s).

Apart from "Hold Me, Thrill Me", we haven't seen the use of animation or graphic art in U2 videos that I can recollect, i mean encompassing the whole video not just visual effects like in Staring At The Sun, Last Night On Earth or Elevation.

It could be a way of moving forward, into a different direction and a way of apepaling to a younger and new generation of fans. It also will directly relate to the style of music they have produced, as everyone has been saying.

Both covers look cool. The first one (of the boys on the desrt) could easily be the album cover in my opinion and the second one could totally be a single cover. :yes: Very good people. :up:

These two pieces are great compared to whats been on amazon and u2achtung. I know tastes differ from person to person, but the design in the one on those websites does no justice to U2 or four5one. I'd gladly take either one of these...they'd be more memorable :wink: thanks for making me happy

the ol' JT landscape, yet different this time, with the unease of our times visable over their heads is a good idea. i started a post when the calander pic first came out and suggested it was a better ablum cover choice.

Back
Top Bottom