New Album Cover (comment, nothing official)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James U2

The Fly
So rumor has it that the cover to the album will have the same strained xerox punk look as the Vertigo promos. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

But today I saw the cover image to the 2005 U2 calendar and thought that that picture was incredible and would look perfect on an album cover. Anyone else agree?

And obviously, I'm well aware of the comparisons between the covers of the Joshua Tree and All That You Can't Leave Behind and the image in reference - but sometimes a great shot is a great shot.

By the way, here is a link to the picture:

Just thought that I would throw this out there.

james

Last edited:
MY COVER SHOULD BE THE ALBUM COVER!

cover.jpg

In all seriousness though, I really do like the cover of the 2005 calender. I would definitely not object if that found its way onto the HTDAAB cover!

Last edited:
I wouldn't object to it being the cover either, but it looks too Joshua Tree-esque in my opinion, with the desert feel and such. But oh well, not my decision:)

U2Fan101 said:
I wouldn't object to it being the cover either, but it looks too Joshua Tree-esque in my opinion, with the desert feel and such. But oh well, not my decision:)

I agree, though the calendar shot is beautiful, it's too similar to JT and ATYCLB.

I think U2 should seriously consider using GibsonGirl's cover!!!

I think that's an interresting photo. *wishes someone would post it here 'cause I don't know how*. It seems to combine a few of the album covers. It looks like there are some ruins in the background and of course the cloudy sky ala UF, they're walking in a desert like area ala JT and they're also kinda dressed like ATYCLB.

I like Gibson's Girls "this is an a-bomb NOT a fish" caveat! :laugh:

I really think Anton's pic is breath taking and as far as the desert theme goes...well wasn't our boys out in a desert in Spain shooting thier new video?

That Anton pic is nice...probably too much in the JT/ATYCLB vein for HTDAAB, but I'd place an early bet for the cover of the Best of '01-10. :)

I downloaded this from somewhere and have become somewhat fond of it. (This is definitely NOT OFFICIAL.) A little too JT-esque but cool nonetheless!

Attachments

• htdaab_frnt.jpg
    htdaab_frnt.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 33
He's probably looking so don't die on us! :no: ;)

I like the calendar pic. Maybe it's deserty because that's where they tested A bombs or something :shrug: It also could be stark post apocalyptic landscape, maybe I'm really reaching :crazy:

GibsonGirl said:
MY COVER SHOULD BE THE ALBUM COVER!

cover.jpg

In all seriousness though, I really do like the cover of the 2005 calender. I would definitely not object if that found its way onto the HTDAAB cover!

:lmao: I like it as cover... haha

Back
Top Bottom