New Album Blurb in EW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertiGone

Acrobat
Just read this from Entertainment Weekly's 25 Most Anticipated Albums of the Fall:

#3 U2
Maybe they really couldn't leave All that You Can't Leave Behind behind. Typically, U2 have undertaken some startling changes of direction between albums, but that's not the case with their latest disc. A preview of a nearly completed version reveals that if anything, it's even more guitar-oriented, hopeful, straightforward, and irony-free. Rock radio will love the first single, "Vertigo," which has the Edge riffing as if to win over kids weaned on Jet and Velvet Revolver.

That's I good thing I believe. I loved ATYCLB and this will not a revolution people have been hoping for. It's just gonna be a fantastic album.
BTW U2 at the 3rd most anticipated album this fall? What else is there?

What the zark? EVERYONE else is saying it's different to ATYCLB, and it seems they don't even know what ATYCLB was. Since when was ATYCLB guitar-orientated? THE FLY was guitar-orientated, not ATYCLB.

Morons.

Edit: Oh, and what are the two albums anticipated even more? Do I even want to know?

Oh, damn.

SoD is really good, but Eminem is so played out in my opinion (he's very talented and I enjoy his music, but I'm so overly sick of him as a "human").

VertiGone said:
#1 System of a Down

#2 Eminem

I expected Eminem. I can't stand him, but I still expected him. His inclusion is tolerable, even if it really bugs me. BUT SYSTEM OF A DOWN? Aahahahaha!

That list just lost any shred of credibility it ever had. What total crap.

Hahahahaha!

ATYCLB guitar-oriented?? Do the music editors even listen to rock music at all? And System of a Down more anticipated than either U2 or Emimem, who does have 80 gazillion fans as much as I personally hate him?

I'm embarrassed that I used to subscribe to this rag.

system of the down is a great band.

anyway, back to the topic, i just love these descriptions about HTDAAB being a guitar album!

mikal said:
system of the down is a great band.

Yeah, but most anticipated album? Haha, that's hilarious, it really is.

I even put this list to some people I know who are up with the play on popular culture ... and they didn't even know who SOAD are, which really amused me and proved my point nicely.

starsgoblue said:
SOAD and Enimem over U2?! Pshhh, I suddenly really don't care what that author says about anything if he'd actually promote those no-talent ass clowns over the monster, decades long legacy of U2.

That deserves a resounding "AMEN!"

kennerado said:
SOAD suck, playing incoherent music and groaning into a mike is not good listening.

this incoherent music you're talking about happens to require quite a bit of talent. the time changes alone in their songs is enough to make a cover band pull their hair out.

system of a down suck so bad it's not even funny. anyone who likes them needs their head examined, even if you are a u2 fan too. :eyebrow: eminem is a stupid faggot that is just a little bitch. still crying with millions of dollars, grow up pussy.

atyclb was not a guitar album, of course

nuke126 said:
system of a down suck so bad it's not even funny. anyone who likes them needs their head examined, even if you are a u2 fan too. :eyebrow: eminem is a stupid faggot that is just a little bitch. still crying with millions of dollars, grow up pussy.

atyclb was not a guitar album, of course

LOL. Wowy zowie.

Trying to win over kids who listen to Jet? I'm sorry but I don't know how keen I am on Edge sounding like Jet. U2 have always been pioneers (to an extent...a lot of their music, like Achtung, Baby and Joshua Tree, have derivative roots), and it makes me a little worried to hear that U2 now sounds like Jet and Velvet Revolver. Edge sounds like Slash now? ::falls to knees:: Nooooooooooo!!!:shocked:

Miggy D said:
Trying to win over kids who listen to Jet? I'm sorry but I don't know how keen I am on Edge sounding like Jet. U2 have always been pioneers (to an extent...a lot of their music, like Achtung, Baby and Joshua Tree, have derivative roots), and it makes me a little worried to hear that U2 now sounds like Jet and Velvet Revolver. Edge sounds like Slash now? ::falls to knees:: Nooooooooooo!!!:shocked:

Considering how terrible the rest of the review was, I'm not inclined to believe that he sounds like them.

In any case, why must one sound like Jet to win over fans? When you're making better music, you'd sound better, not the same, to the group you are winning fans from.

So is Edge now going to the sound he's been avoiding during his career (apart from Bullet the blue sky, maybe), classic rock?

VertiGone said:
A preview of a nearly completed version reveals that if anything, it's even more guitar-oriented, hopeful, straightforward, and irony-free. .

irony-free????:tsk:

what the :censored: does that mean?

Entertainment Weekly = verbal diarrhea. worthless.

this whole thing is total BS. When I first heard about the list and u2 being #3, I thought Eminem and Destinys child would be above them. They dont deserve it, but Eminem is huge and DC is the biggest selling female group of all time. But the whole thing is shit, people shouldnt look into what this guy is saying. We've heard 4 clips and they sound nothing like Jet! And to me, it doesnt sound much like ATYCLB either, maybe the songwriting a little but not the music.

Back
Top Bottom