New 18 Minute Beachclips Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I meant for the solo. :wink:

ok -will listen to Stairway - thanks.

ETA - yep - I see the similarity to the Stairway to Heaven solo.

Last edited:
ntalwar said:
^ I meant for the solo. :wink:

ok -will listen to Stairway - thanks.

That's what I was gonna say ..... specially coz it was the one I spent most time today .....

In fact if u could go to the video of it in the SRTS film , even better with all that Paige dancing and all

Screwtape2 said:
The first solo in 404 sounds like the solo from Stairway To Heaven, just sped up. :eyebrow:

Just took the words of my mouth mate , actually what I kinda said hour ago

You get a sense of tune and vibe and that's it (and some lyrics of course). The true nature and sound can't and doesn't come across at all, due to quality and just what sounds travel better than others. It's like when you hear a thumping bass coming through the walls from a few houses down and it sounds fantastic, then you wander outside for a cigarette only to find it's someone giving Nelly a spin. You can hear Edge's guitar rising over the top of what may be an awesome musical bed, or may be some of the most god awful synths or cheesy strings ever recorded in the entire Northern Hemisphere. Subtle chord changes, virtually any and all bass and drums.

I don't have a vote either way at this stage. I definitely think it's probably more along the lines of the last two albums. Tuneful pop tunes. What I'm interested in is whether they've addressed their quality/creativity issues in creating those tunes, or if they've just dialed more of the same in again. I won't know that till I hear something far more complete.

Earnie Shavers said:
You get a sense of tune and vibe and that's it (and some lyrics of course). The true nature and sound can't and doesn't come across at all, due to quality and just what sounds travel better than others. It's like when you hear a thumping bass coming through the walls from a few houses down and it sounds fantastic, then you wander outside for a cigarette only to find it's someone giving Nelly a spin. You can hear Edge's guitar rising over the top of what may be an awesome musical bed, or may be some of the most god awful synths or cheesy strings ever recorded in the entire Northern Hemisphere. Subtle chord changes, virtually any and all bass and drums.

I don't have a vote either way at this stage. I definitely think it's probably more along the lines of the last two albums. Tuneful pop tunes. What I'm interested in is whether they've addressed their quality/creativity issues in creating those tunes, or if they've just dialed more of the same in again. I won't know that till I hear something far more complete.

I see what you're saying, but you can hear what's going on pretty well, I think. I mean, you can hear the bass parts and drums and all. 402 and 404 sound like complete songs, at least. 400, 403, and 409 aren't too far off, either.

Like I said before, I think it's a natural progression from HTDAAB. nothing totally out there, but not exactly the same

Screwtape2 said:

Actually I listened to the SRTS version of the song to make the connection!

MMMm I see .... The SRTS solo of it is slightly different and extended , but still on both album and live , u could notice , it's the time when Jimmy starts with the hammers and slides

J_NP said:

That's what I was gonna say ..... specially coz it was the one I spent most time today .....

In fact if u could go to the video of it in the SRTS film , even better with all that Paige dancing and all

That makes me lean towards the fact that it's perhaps from a jam session or an improvised solo :shrug:.

AtomicBono said:

Like I said before, I think it's a natural progression from HTDAAB. nothing totally out there, but not exactly the same

:up:

Sounds silly (and very early), but I think these clips at least hint at something bigger, better, and less stilted than HTDAAB.

Then again, it's really late here, and I might be hallucinating :wink:

I'm wondering what other songs U2 have up their sleeves...will we see more beach clips soon, or will this be it? if we get more songs, I'd bet on a new album much sooner, but it's hard to say with just five songs :hmm:

angelordevil said:

:up:

Sounds silly (and very early), but I think these clips at least hint at something bigger, better, and less stilted than HTDAAB.

Then again, it's really late here, and I might be hallucinating :wink:

I don't think anyone would deny that U2 may be on to something. That is probably why everyone is so excited. With Mercy, the songs that have been rumored to be from the HTDAAB sessions, and these new clips; I think U2 fans might end up being more excited by this album then they were before the last two especially when the single in September comes out.

AtomicBono said:
I'm wondering what other songs U2 have up their sleeves...will we see more beach clips soon, or will this be it? if we get more songs, I'd bet on a new album much sooner, but it's hard to say with just five songs :hmm:

Though with the rumored James Bond song, which might make the album and the songs like Northern Star or the other songs that didn't make HTDAAB; the number of songs might be larger than U2 fans think. I think we will have more beach clips and probably a renewed interest in the HTDAAB tracks I mentioned earlier.

I wonder if many songs like that are out , how will be called this bootleg .......... The Beach Tapes sound very ..... :eyebrow:

We need somethin better

402 has some real nice guitar pieces, I'm not as excited about the blues guitar on 404, needs to be pure electric, but the chorus is catchy. I think we'll definitely have atleast one new song in Sep. and at this rate a new album end of next year. They know they're not getting any younger!

It's certainly interesting...these are uncharted waters for U2, with the big tour delay, etc. The potential is there for them to do something with the material they have. My sense is that the band are deliberately pushing themselves a bit, and that we're going to see a new album sooner than most expect.

That's it folks , it's off for me J is leavin for some deserved sleepin :wave:

Get lots of fun and all , and who knows with luck .... One more surprise from our french mates :wink:

These have to be planned leaks to test them out bc they were so ticked off about the Berlin sessions, but those were actually stolen and unfinished and these are more polished.

Are we even sure 409 is U2, I just can't say definitely that it's Bono or the Edge's voice.

zoocarolina said:
Are we even sure 409 is U2, I just can't say definitely that it's Bono or the Edge's voice.

Yes, it's definitely U2. Sounds distinctly like it to me too.

angelordevil said:
It's certainly interesting...these are uncharted waters for U2, with the big tour delay, etc. The potential is there for them to do something with the material they have. My sense is that the band are deliberately pushing themselves a bit, and that we're going to see a new album sooner than most expect.

Yes! I have a theory that the band realized that they had new material when Bono met with them and this is what caused the tour annoucencement to be delayed. U2 was figuring out whether to push it back for more time to work on material. When they realized they had some good stuff they chose to keep the December dates. Maybe the album might come mid or directly after the dates because the new live stuff would put fan interest at its peak.

J_NP said:
I wonder if many songs like that are out , how will be called this bootleg .......... The Beach Tapes sound very ..... :eyebrow:

We need somethin better

I just called it Beach Clips 2006 :shrug: original I know :wink:

Axver said:

Yes, it's definitely U2. Sounds distinctly like it to me too.

Distinctly influenced by The Arcade Fire, as well. So much so, I'm willing to bet it's a jam that will never surface beyond beach clip status.

It is a wonderful fusion of sounds, however :drool: :drool: :drool:

AtomicBono said:

I just called it Beach Clips 2006 :shrug: original I know :wink:

Waves of Regret, Waves of Joy :reject:

zoocarolina said:

You know, I've just listened to it again. It really sounds like Chris Martin singing an Arcade Fire song...with a Depeche Mode electronic beat at the very end.

Time for bed :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom