New 18 Minute Beachclips Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And J_NP, there will be a hidden bonus track of Chris Martin crying. :happy:

There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbor in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day.
(from the NBC news special Bono in Africa)
:hmm:

can anyone hear if this is in what we have of "Thank you for the day"

Oh Jeez the annoyin sounds are starting to hurt my ears and give me headaches :huh:

Axver said:
You know, I think it's great no self-righteous types have yet shown up to tell us off for listening to unreleased material. I remember getting flamed in 2004 by some people who had some objection to beach clips. :|

I've been waiting for those people as well. I don't think they're aware of what's happened yet. They'll show up eventually to rehash the same arguments from last time. They always do.

I just think that there's no way they would have made the same mistake this many times in a row. I think they're getting great PR and some good feedback for free.

Axver said:
And J_NP, there will be a hidden bonus track of Chris Martin crying. :happy:

Only on the NZ , and Australian version of the album :hyper: :rockon: remember the all special bonus tracks tradition ....

U2dork said:

I just think that there's no way they would have made the same mistake this many times in a row. I think they're getting great PR and some good feedback for free.

:yes: I concur

U2dork said:

Yeah, I agree. It's not as if material with the sound quality of the Axtung Beibi Out-takes is floating around. We all know that if something happens that U2 dislikes, they clamp down on things to stop it, so if they had a problem with beach clips, they'd certainly take steps to stop them. But this is great feedback and they aren't exactly hurting themselves or album sales or anything.

And just think how absolutely freakin' LOUD that music must be for someone to be able to record it over the sound of the ocean. I hope the guys aren't making themselves deaf.

J_NP said:

Only on the NZ , and Australian version of the album :hyper: :rockon: remember the all special bonus tracks tradition ....

The Japanese bonus deluxe special ultra-edition will have a DVD featuring Bono reading the Tokyo phone book while Adam plays with a hula hoop.

U2vertigofly said:
There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbor in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day.
(from the NBC news special Bono in Africa)
:hmm:

can anyone hear if this is in what we have of "Thank you for the day"

No, I think the song was originally about the plight of Africa but of what I can make out it is either about a relationship with God or Bono is thanking the Africans who allow him to visit thier homes. I could be way off, though.

Screwtape2 said:
As a general question, if U2 found out about thier working tracks being refered to as four-hundred numbers. Do you think they would on the back of the CD mark the track numbers in the form of four-hundred numbers? Or would that be cool at least?
This might be a really stupid question but might as well ask.

that would be cool. or if they just kept the song names as numbers :wink: maybe the band will go "experimental" and release an album full of beach clips. Like, exactly as they are now. With the waves and static and all.

Radiohead fans would approve...:wink:

pattip2000 said:
so whats up with the numbering? 400, 402 403, 404, 409?

That's the numbers of the files automatically assigned by the recording equipment. There are no songs 401 or 405-408. Those are probably photos or non-interesting clips taken by the recorder (like, just wave noise or something).

pattip2000 said:
so whats up with the numbering? 400, 402 403, 404, 409?
i think they are the file names from the tapers memory card/stick

go with Axver's post, it's more specific:up:

Last edited:
U2dork said:
And just think how absolutely freakin' LOUD that music must be for someone to be able to record it over the sound of the ocean. I hope the guys aren't making themselves deaf.

I agree! And that's why I think it's totally intentional...

Wait a second is there a 401 song , was that a joke or there is really a 401 song , coz on my file there is :

Screwtape2 said:
Do you think any of the beach clip songs will be ready by the time the final ten shows start? If so, do you think U2 would give those fans a little taste for waiting so patiently for the tour dates?

Very possible!

I still think a single is on it's way to being released before the rescheduled vertigo shows. Whether it's any of these thats unknown

Screwtape2 said:
Do you think any of the beach clip songs will be ready by the time the final ten shows start? If so, do you think U2 would give those fans a little taste for waiting so patiently for the tour dates?

I'm not expecting anything new, but it could be possible. U2 have done it before. Slow Dancing was played live something like 7 times before it was released. She's A Mystery To Me has been played sporadically from 1989 to 2004 and has never been officially released, except as a live b-side in 2005. I can list a few other examples of unreleased material, though most are from the eighties. The long and short of it, I think, is "let's hope!"

I wonder what U2 have been listening lately for inspirations ..... and folks don't com with Coldplay please ......

Actually, She's A Mystery to Me was on Roy Orbison's last album. The song was written for him and I think when they play it live it's as a tribute.

J_NP said:
I wonder what U2 have been listening lately for inspirations ..... and folks don't com with Coldplay please ......

The Beatles, Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson, Styx, Arcade Fire, Joy Division, The Cure, Christian soft rock ... :wink:

U2dork said:
Actually, She's A Mystery to Me was on Roy Orbison's last album. The song was written for him and I think when they play it live it's as a tribute.

Well, I meant unreleased as a U2 song. The band did record it in studio in 1987 and just didn't release it. If I remember the story correctly, Bono wrote it with Roy Orbison in mind but never actually thought Orbison would sing it - then the two met and Orbison decided to record it himself. I guess that's partly why U2 have kept the studio version unreleased and just play it live.

J_NP said:

well judging by 409, The Arcade Fire at least! and a couple of the songs are Beatles-y.

am I the only one still listening to these clips on repeat? am I crazy?

Bono: *turns volume on speakers up to max volume*

Edge: What are you doing?

Bono: Oh...nothing. *calls a friend up, and tells him to get ready to hear some new U2*

Edge: What was that all about?

Bono: Oh...nothing. *presses play button*

Oops...

Edge: WTF was that for???

Bono: Oh. No. The fans. Will. Now. Hear the. New. Music.

Edge: Oh well, no big loss. When interference gets it, being as cynical as they are, they probably won't even think it's us playing anyway, or maybe something from the Zooropa sessions. That's what they keep comparing our album to. :huh: :lol:

---------------------------------------------

Sorry, I was bored. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom