Never realized this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saxgoddess

The Fly
I was just listening to Stay (far away, so close) and I never realized how good this song is and how much I like it. I never cared for it before this listen. Strange...

Wow, I misread your name :ohmy:

Yes, Stay is indeed a brilliant song. Listen to it with headphones. Headphones do amazing things with that whole album. (Although Lemon can be annoying with some of the instrumentation, it's that scrapy thing. Seems to have been in IWF, too. Thematic connection I guess)

"Stay" is one of my top three favorite U2 songs.

Then again...I haven't taken any of the HTDAAB songs into consideration yet...there might have to be a revision in the line-up soon! :hmm:

Stay is gorgeous. Currently my top 3 songs are

1)Heartland
2)Stay
3)HTBA

Heartland has been no.1 for years, and Stay is always a close 2nd. 3rd place, very much all to play for!:wink:

Made me listen to it. :wink:

Great song, always liked it. I consider it a second teir U2 song, not one of the majestic classics, but very very very good.

EG 1st tier - Bad, Streets, The Fly

2nd tier - Stay, Pride, A Day Without Me

3rd Tier - Stuck, Wild Honey, DGPFYCC

"Stay" is indeed a fabulous song. I wouldn't call it second-tier at all; I'd call it one of their better songs....ever. My username-deal is obviously lifted from the tune and the song is just one that's come to say a good deal about a good deal of my life. As time has marched on, this song and I have grown together: I've grown into it and it, in turn, has grown into me. Fabulous...utterly fabulous and powerful and moving...

And, yes....Wings of Desire is one of Wenders' best. Certainly a HELL of a lot better than one Million Dollar Hotel...

It's one of those songs I didn't really like in the beginning, but now... I'd say it's in my top 10. ;) Fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom