Nelly on Bono! Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
On EXTRA, there was a little clip about Nelly Furtado. In this clip, there was a mention about "What's Going On" and Bono's involvement. Nelly stated that, "A Bono approved event is a good event!"

Awww... isn't that nice of her!

It's nice to see U2 "on top" again.
biggrin.gif
All this praise...

Originally posted by doctorwho:
On EXTRA, there was a little clip about Nelly Furtado. In this clip, there was a mention about "What's Going On" and Bono's involvement. Nelly stated that, "A Bono approved event is a good event!"

Awww... isn't that nice of her!

It's nice to see U2 "on top" again.
biggrin.gif
All this praise...

I went to school with her...

I have to admit I was pretty jealous when I found out she was opening for U2. (Though it was kind of cool too.) I didn't know her incredibly well and didn't even know she was a U2 fan at the time...

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-26-2001).]

Yes, that is nice of her, but she is also the same person who commented on her meeting the band as a given in her life, rather than a privelage. Grrr.... Mtg. U2 should always be a privelage no matter who you are!
mad.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
Yes, that is nice of her, but she is also the same person who commented on her meeting the band as a given in her life, rather than a privelage. Grrr.... Mtg. U2 should always be a privelage no matter who you are!
mad.gif

Oh, don't be so hard on her. I met the Edge and it was his privilege to do so.
biggrin.gif

The subject line knocked me little cotton sox off

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Brian Eno is trying to prevent me from downloading an MP3 of Bono having an orgasm!!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

It was hilarious seeing how jabbery and excited she was about playing with U2 in interviews on Much Music right after.. or maybe it was right before.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

Woohoo! All my future events will be stamped "Bono approved"!

------------------
You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 12-27-2001).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I went to school with her...

I have to admit I was pretty jealous when I found out she was opening for U2. (Though it was kind of cool too.) I didn't know her incredibly well and didn't even know she was a U2 fan at the time...

I have heard Shirley Manson say that she was never a big U2 fan before, but after opening for them she had no choice, and that she is in love with Bono now.(platonically, I am sure)

Perhaps Nelly feels the same way.

Back
Top Bottom