Nelly Furtado singing U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
Just thought people might be interested to know that last night in my home town of Victoria, where Nelly Furtado and I went to the same school, she sang at a fundraising concert for an African village called Kapasseni. The concert was at the university auditorium and she performed I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For with a choir of 300. If anyone finds an MP3 of it I would be kind of interested to hear it. Don't know if such a thing would exist.

*waits for the cries of "I hate her voice! She is such a beeeeaaiiitch!" to begin.*

Remember, people, U2 likes her!

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Remember, people, U2 likes her!

for some reason that doesn't do much for me

I do think though that Nelly F. at least has some talent, so that puts her miles ahead of most 'artists' out there nowadays

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

she is a step above the recent crop of female singers coming out. a lot of them are pure crap.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I agree with Salome and david. It just seems that she ended up on an awful lot of people's "least favourite singers" list in the Lemonade Stand recently. I find her vocal style a bit overdone, but she does have talent.

BTW, I was just kidding about everyone having to love her because U2 likes her
wink.gif

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-17-2002).]

I have her debut album. It's definitely pop but it's GOOD pop.
wink.gif
I like it, but I know a lot of people would think its crap. I'd love to hear her version of ISHFWILF.

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 05-17-2002).]

Nelly's first step towards being a half-way decent singer would be to get over herself. I Still Haven't Found is an easy song to overdo (see R&H record). I don't think I wanna hear this.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Back
Top Bottom