Negative Press

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Any else noticed it seems to be u2 knocking season. first Elton John Allegedly throws his rattle out of his pram about some cd or other and now Mr glastonbury festival (Michael Eavis) has jumped on the bandwagon. Then he says u2 have no chance of being asked to take part again. BOO HOO dry yer eyes Mr Eavis.......who needs who more?

Last edited:
i read that ages ago about eavis. i think U2 would be awesome at glasto but eavis now appears have a bit of chip on his shoulder about this. tosser.

The last thing I read about Eavis said he would be "delighted" if U2 would call him to do Glasto, he just wasn't chasing them around to ask anymore. Doesn't really seem that he's knocking them to me.

I have heard Bono say in a couple of interviews that he reckoned they'd do Glastonbury at some point. Not counting on it but who knows.

Well it won't be 2006, cos there ain't a glastonbury. And will they be touring 2007/2008, doubt it. Probably split by then.

rjhbonovox said:
Well it won't be 2006, cos there ain't a glastonbury. And will they be touring 2007/2008, doubt it. Probably split by then.

Geez, aren't you full of all the cheerfulness of an intercontinental ballistic missile?

gman said:
Aye sod glasto! Scottish Crowd far better anyhow, aint that right corner

Damn straight gman...though I don't want to plug the T too much. What with an absence of Glasto next year, it could be an almighty challenge nailing some tix for it...especially with U2 headlining ;)

gman said:
Any else noticed it seems to be u2 knocking season. first Elton John Allegedly throws his rattle out of his pram about some cd or other and now Mr glastonbury festival (Michael Eavis) has jumped on the bandwagon. Then he says u2 have no chance of being asked to take part again. BOO HOO dry yer eyes Mr Eavis.......who needs who more?
Don't forget the bashing by the Rolling Stones who are going on tour to "dethrone the pretenders U2"!

coming from the Stones, that's horrible. They are one of the greatest bands of all time, but they haven't put out a good album in years.

I dont think its a big deal, just some rivalry between big bands. Their all friends, aren't they? Bono was on stage with the Stones a couple years ago.

Re: Re: Negative Press

irishdove said:
Don't forget the bashing by the Rolling Stones who are going on tour to "dethrone the pretenders U2"!

Meh, the bands (or at least Bono and Mick) are friends and respect eachother. I think they were just taking the piss.

Re: Re: Re: Negative Press

Lemonfix said:

Meh, the bands (or at least Bono and Mick) are friends and respect eachother. I think they were just taking the piss.

I agree. I have a hard time believing there is bad blood between U2 and the Stones.

Back
Top Bottom