Need U2 song suggestions for vid project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Hi guys,

I figured this would be the best place as ever to post this.

Im working on a video project for my final in one of my college classes and I decided to go with a Zoo tv like thing (Gulf War Gun camera footage....stuff like that) and blend it with video game footage of one of my favorite games the only problem is I cant think of anything to use song wise to go along with the presentation...... My teacher doesnt mind me using music from a big band like U2 but it cant be something to well known......so Im stuck with b-sides, remixes or lesser known songs and I wanted to see if anyone might help me out selecting a song ?

I would've said Until the End of the World, but I dunno. Maybe U2's cover of Happiness is a Warm Gun?

What sort of mood are you going for? I know it doesn't really fit your b-side requirement, but I've always thought that Staring At The Sun would be fantastic to use in a video that had a sort of dejected mood to it. I don't know what the purpose/theme of your video is, but if you're using the war footage & want to make it seem like war is stupid, then Staring At The Sun might work pretty well.

No, no no.

I still say Happiness is a Warm Gun.

Satellite of Love? For Gulf War and video game footage? Are you reading the guy's question?

Hey, give us some feedback, bloodysunday...

if its war...i'd go with Bullet the Blue Sky...especially if you're using intense gun camera shooting footage...you can get a vertigo version so that you can get the "hands that built america" clip and the "johnny comes marching home hurrah hurrah" clips

that's what i was thinking.

plus the 'Happiness is a Warm Gun' cover is just too shit to taint what I'm assuming is a perfectly fine video with...

europop2005 said:
if its war...i'd go with Bullet the Blue Sky...especially if you're using intense gun camera shooting footage...you can get a vertigo version so that you can get the "hands that built america" clip and the "johnny comes marching home hurrah hurrah" clips

Didn't think of that. That would be sweet.

Bullet the blue sky, it would be perfect. Especially with the 'who run into the arms..of america' bit at the end. you could make it very dramatic.

It depends on the mood. U2 has a bunch of songs that could work for that type of video. 'Running to stand still' could work, Bullet, Like a Song, 'Love and Peace' could even work. These are all songs most people haven't heard.

how about a really happy song in the same vein as DEVO's "Beautiful World" video?

Back
Top Bottom