Native Son is U2's Best song EVER!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's Right!
This stuff is wonderful!
That's what I wanted to hear!!
If Mercy, Native Sod, would be finished and well produced(a bit heavier) they would be 100X better than HTDAAB!!

However I can't hear all the lyrics....

:drool:

any more descriptions?
xanax and wine or something??
this stuff is PEFECT

"I'm alive
I'm being born
I just arrived, I'm at the door
Of the place I started out from
And I want back inside"

Listening this these world are starting to make sense..... :combust:

"Vertigo" and "Native Son" and both great songs but I prefer "Native Son" because it's more interesting. However, "Vertigo" is a fantastic song.
"Xanax and Wine" and "All Because Of You" are also great songs. What if they had continued working with Chris Thomas? Bono said it would have been a Rock 'n' Roll Album...

But I don't care, HTDAAB is a great album and I love it.

Zoovation said:
"Vertigo" and "Native Son" and both great songs but I prefer "Native Son" because it's more interesting. However, "Vertigo" is a fantastic song.
"Xanax and Wine" and "All Because Of You" are also great songs. What if they had continued working with Chris Thomas? Bono said it would have been a Rock 'n' Roll Album...

But I don't care, HTDAAB is a great album and I love it.

I love it too.
But it would be even better than the real thing with Native Son,Mercy inclouded,and with AMAAW,OST and Yahweh out.

I guess a lot of people like Native Son more. I like the alternate version of Yaweh. Its a little more rocking.

yeah, some descriptions of Xanax and wine, or Smile, or some other unreleased songs.... that'd be a nice x-mas present...

[ marty0[at]net.hr ]:wink:

Last edited:
Native Son is better than Vertigo. The lyrics in Vertigo to me don't hold a candle to Native Son, plus I think NS is even more rocking than Vertigo. I really think(though I can't prove) that NS became Vertigo because U2 either didn't want, or were advised not, to release such a blatent anti-war lyric. I sincerely believe that. And that irks me if it's true.

namkcuR said:
Native Son is better than Vertigo. The lyrics in Vertigo to me don't hold a candle to Native Son, plus I think NS is even more rocking than Vertigo. I really think(though I can't prove) that NS became Vertigo because U2 either didn't want, or were advised not, to release such a blatent anti-war lyric. I sincerely believe that. And that irks me if it's true.

I highly doubt that. Look at U2's past - these guys have had the balls to release songs such as Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, Bullet The Blue Sky, and Please. They wouldn't scrap Native Son because of political sensitivities!

Based on the descriptions,
i still prefer Vertigo form NS, but i must say that NS has some parts much better done than Vertigo. Again, as a whole song, it's not better!
So, I would like something between NS and Vertigo...

[I really LOVE that part from 1:51 sec., that bridge is way better than Vertigo's]

Last edited:
interesing guitar ideas yes........... it has that unpolished feel to it for we all know it could be a track from the boy/october/war sessions

Back
Top Bottom