Native Son & Bunnymen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

War Child
I see from the Q magazine article that Adam confirmed that Native Son morphed into Vertigo which will put some of the speculation to rest, but I particularly like the Echo & The Bunnymen comment. They were always pissed at U2 in the early days, for allegedly lifting the odd line, riff, solo etc from them. Can..worms..everywhere...

i like Echo & the Bunnymen....i never really thought they had a signiture drum sound though....i know in the early days of Echo, they had no drummer and used a drum machine which they called Echo...

Tizer said:
I see from the Q magazine article that Adam confirmed that Native Son morphed into Vertigo which will put some of the speculation to rest, but I particularly like the Echo & The Bunnymen comment. They were always pissed at U2 in the early days, for allegedly lifting the odd line, riff, solo etc from them. Can..worms..everywhere...

yeah that adam quote made me think, like, hey echo boy :madspit:
ian mccullough, (wasn't that the lead singer's name?) was totally always complaining that u2 was ripping him off. he was so bitter. one time he even said u2 looked like a bunch of plumbers or something.:shame:
i always liked the bunnymen, but they never got nearly as big in the U.S. as they did in the UK.
i have that greatest hits cd they put out, and it is good stuff and there are some very similar guitar sounds and vocal yelps (how technical, i know, i am no musician) in early u2 songs with early 80s bunnymen songs, for sure.
oh well, i did not see a link at all in vertigo to the bunnymen.
now adam is going to have me listening to echo and the bunnymen again.

Back
Top Bottom