Natalie Imbruglia influenced by U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sledgehammer

The Fly
Have you heard her new single "That Day"?
It's co-written with Patrick Leonard, who has worked with Jewel and Madonna. Great song!!! If you get it, it's going to be on repeat.
smile.gif

She said that the new album has an "indie" feel:

"For my first album, I was listening to lots of female vocalists, like Shawn Colvin, but a lot of influence for this album is people like U2. I love Coldplay, I love Travis, I love Radiohead."
http://www.nme.com/NME/External/News/News_Story/0,1004,40506,00.html

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

Natalie Who?

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I agree. Natalie is amazing...talented and gorgeous.

I recommend you download the acoustic version of "Torn". She has got an amazing voice on that track.

AJ

I didn't really care for her album too much -but I thought "Identify" from the Stigmata soundtrack was fabulous and believe the instrumentation and mood served her voice very well.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-12-2001).]

Spot on people. I have LEFT OF THE MIDDLE, and i think its a very good set of songs, possibly under-rated too. And to add to what Sledgehammer said, get this!: Natalie Imbruglia is in the NOV 2001 issue of Q music magazine, and talks about her favourite albums in her collection. She lists artists like Radiohead, Stevie Wonder, The Sundays and of course U2, but says the one album she prizes above all others is The Joshua Tree...!

Good songs, attractive, and top music taste!!

I would love to influence Natlaie Imbruglia
biggrin.gif

Left of the middle is a pretty good album, for an ex soap star she is a good singer, which makes aa refreshing change
wink.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Actually at least Ms Aguilera has a voice. Anyone who knows music is aware of the fact that Natalie Imbruglia is as manufactured as O Town, Back Street Boys et al. Hell she even does cosmetics adverts here in the Uk...lol

Back
Top Bottom