namkcuR's Official 2005 Bomb Awards Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Welcome to the 2005 Bomb Awards! As I said in the other thread, this is a game where you vote for songs on HTDAAB to win Bomb awards(I think that name is catchy...and the Grammy goes to...and the Bomb goes to...:wink: ).

Procedure/Rules:

Round 1:

The voting is done via e-mail. For the first round(of two), you will list in an e-mail your top three song choices for each of the categories listed below, and send it to me at JrasU2@hotmail.com. The following is an example of how your first-round ballot should look:

USER: [Your Interference Username]

CATEGORY: [Category 1 Name Here]

SONG
SONG
SONG

CATEGORY: [Category 2 Name Here]

SONG
SONG
SONG

etc etc

All first-round ballots must be in my inbox by THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2005 at 6PM EST. This gives just over 48 hours time for first round voting. I will then tally all the votes, and sometime on Friday, I will post the three finalists/nominees for each category in this thread, and then you will vote again.

Round 2:

This time, you will list in an e-mail your pick from the three nominees in each category, for each category, and send it to me at JrasU2@hotmail.com. The following is an example of how your second-round ballot should look:

USER: [Your Interference Username]

CATEGORY: [Category 1 Name Here]

SONG

CATEGORY: [Category 2 Name Here]

SONG

etc etc

All second-round ballots will have to be in my inbox by sometime on Sunday(depending on when I post the first round results on Friday, to give an exact 48 hours for second round voting). I will then tally those results and 2005 Bomb Award winners will be announced in this thread on Sunday night :)

Without further ado...

Categories:

Best Song

Worst Song

Most Overrated Song

Most Underrated Song

Song That Will Improve The Most On Tour

Best Lyric

Best Song - Guitar

Best Song - Bass

Best Song - Vocal

Best Song - Drums

Most Un-U2 Song(song that breaks the most new ground for U2 musically, that sounds the least like anything they've done before)

Once Again, send your ballots to [size=large]JrasU2@hotmail.com[/size]. Let's have fun with this!

Recieved two ballots so far....two things I should tell you all...

1)For the 'Best Lyric' category, I was looking for just the titles of the songs with the best lyrics, not actual lines of lyrics.

2)Fast Cars will absolutley be counted in any category.

namkcuR said:
Recieved two ballots so far....two things I should tell you all...

1)For the 'Best Lyric' category, I was looking for just the titles of the songs with the best lyrics, not actual lines of lyrics.

Oops...

So, tell me, i'm bit stupid. It goes like this:
User-Pero
Category-Best song
song1-City of blinding lights
song2-Sometimes you...
song3-Vertigo

Is it?? Help me

should we vote every category? i'm not very sure about best vocals, best guitar, best bass and best drums and i'd prefer not to vote for those...is it possible? will you count my votes in the other categories?

I made a ballot everyone can copy and paste for their email if they want. :)

Username:

Best Song

Worst Song

Most Overrated Song

Most Underrated Song

Song That Will Improve The Most On Tour

Best Lyric

Best Song - Guitar

Best Song - Bass

Best Song - Vocal

Best Song - Drums

Most Un-U2 Song(song that breaks the most new ground for U2 musically, that sounds the least like anything they've done before)

Last edited:
Ok people, the polls for Round 1 voting will close in 30 minutes at 6:15 PM! I have tallied all the votes thus far, and I will tally any more votes that I get before or at 6:15. That said, hotmail sometimes takes a while to get the e-mail into my inbox, so if I recieve your ballot later tonight but the timestamp shows that you sent it before 6:15, I WILL count it. But I will NOT count ANY e-mails in my inbox that have a timestamp after 6:15.

The Round 1 results will determine the nominees you will vote from in the second round, and I will post them either much later tonight or tomorrow.

Alright folks, the votes are tallied, including my own ballot, and Round 2 is primed to begin! In this round you will vote for ONE song from the nominees for each category. The nominees for each category are that category's top three vote-getters from the first round. If a category had two songs tied as the #3 vote-getter for the category, both will be admitted and you will choose from 4 instead of 3. That said, the nominees are:

Best Song:

City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Worst Song:

All Because Of You
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer

Most Overrated Song:

All Because Of You
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo

Most Underrated Song:

A Man And A Woman
One Step Closer
Yahweh

Song That Will Improve The Most On Tour:

All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
Miracle Drug
Yahweh

Best Song - Lyric:

Fast Cars
Miracle Drug
One Step Closer

Best Song - Guitar:

All Because Of You
Miracle Drug
Vertigo

Best Song - Vocal:

Miracle Drug
Original Of The Species

Best Song - Bass:

A Man And A Woman
City Of Blinding Lights
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo

Best Song - Drums:

Love And Peace Or Else
Miracle Drug
Vertigo

Most Un-U2 Song:

A Man And A Woman
Fast Cars
Love And Peace Or Else

And there you have it, YOUR nominees for the 2005 Bomb Awards. You will vote for one from the nominees from each category. As with last time, send your ballots to JrasU2@hotmail.com. To be extra clear, this is an example of what your ballot should look like:

User - [Interference Username]

Category - [Category 1 Name]

Song

Category - [Category 2 Name]

Song

etc etc

Voting starts NOW, 6PM Friday night, and the polls will close at 6PM on Sunday night. I will tally the votes, and the final results will be posted on Monday or Tuesday. Let the voting begin!!

I'd recommend that you start another thread for this, just to draw more attention to it.

Back
Top Bottom