My HTDAAB Improvements(Trying to get some positive vibes out)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edgeman said:
I love HTDAAB, but I also love playing around with tracklists and b-sides...it's so much fun.

Exactly. I can't stand these people who act as if, if U2 made this tracklisting, it must be perfect, no reason to mess with it. *shrugs*

while I also do like to play around with tracklistings and such with U2 albums, I just happen to find that their's are usually the best.:shrug:

One more revision...have to add Vertigo in. Yeah, both Vertigo and Native Son on the same tracklist. Consecutively.

Vertigo
Native Son
Crumbs From Your Table
Miracle Drug
Are You Gonna Wait Forever
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Xanax And Wine
Original Of The Species
Smile
Mercy
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
A Man And A Woman
Love You Like Mad
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
One Step Closer

U2 put the track listing the way they wanted it because it is their album not your album and personally I think "Mercy" has been far over rated on this board and yes it could be worked into something for the next album but the song drags on for far too long.

The only thing I would change about the album is I would put the All Because Of You Alternate version in place of All Because Of You...although I am liking the one on the album more and more as time passes but I still like the alternate version a bit better.

Play around with the track listing all you want but that is the concept of an album to have a band put the tracks that they want heard when they want them to be heard....and quite frankly most of the time it doesnt make a whole lot of difference to the CD's feel and output because most bands sound generally the same track after track anyways, U2 is a rare exception to that rule.

I think the only albums where order really made some difference was Achtung Baby, and Joshua Tree, really the rest of the U2 albums are just a good collection of songs to listen to, and thats I guess why those 2 albums are considered the classics because the order of the songs tells the story of the album.

Yahweh said:
U2 put the track listing the way they wanted it because it is their album not your album and personally I think "Mercy" has been far over rated on this board and yes it could be worked into something for the next album but the song drags on for far too long.

The only thing I would change about the album is I would put the All Because Of You Alternate version in place of All Because Of You...although I am liking the one on the album more and more as time passes but I still like the alternate version a bit better.

Play around with the track listing all you want but that is the concept of an album to have a band put the tracks that they want heard when they want them to be heard....and quite frankly most of the time it doesnt make a whole lot of difference to the CD's feel and output because most bands sound generally the same track after track anyways, U2 is a rare exception to that rule.

I think the only albums where order really made some difference was Achtung Baby, and Joshua Tree, really the rest of the U2 albums are just a good collection of songs to listen to, and thats I guess why those 2 albums are considered the classics because the order of the songs tells the story of the album.

Go ahead, keep believing. U2 can do no wrong. To re-arrange their tracklistings is blashphamous. Yeah. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom