My God How wonderful "New Year's Day" is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I really never lisend to it until recently. It gets me moving and I want just sing it outloud. But I would emberrass myself and shy to do it.:reject:

Good song, but like most of 'War' it sounds very dated to me. I'll listen to it, if it comes on the radio, but don't ever seek the song out...

Justin, my advice to you:

sing like no one is listening. :wink:

I vastly prefer any live version over the studio version, but NYD is one of the few I still like hearing on the War album. I'm with BVS - War doesn't hold up well. Some good songs, but it sounds old. Or something.

Justin24 said:
I really never lisend to it until recently. It gets me moving and I want just sing it outloud. But I would emberrass myself and shy to do it.:reject:

Sing outloud!!!!

I sing to this all the time especially in the car by myself. I especially love this song in the winter maybe because the video was set in the snow.

This is the first video I saw of them and fell in love instantly! :heart:

NYD was 'the one' for me - the first song I remember hearing from them, so it always has & always will hold a special place in my heart. I'm still mesmerized every time I hear it, whether it's on the radio, my mp3 player, a video show, or live ( :drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:!!!).

:bow: :bow: New Year's Day :love: :love:

Not just one of the great U2 songs, but one of the great songs.

Seemingly impossible to dislike. Always moving, and has never really been challenged as my favourite song from WAR.

Always a highlight when played live.

Complete with "(Treasure Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?) as a tasty little b-side.

The long version with the added verses is wonderful. I don't like the short version as much, though.

------------------

The paino and the riff is one of the most timeless bits of music i have ever heard.

---------------------------------------

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Good song, but like most of 'War' it sounds very dated to me. I'll listen to it, if it comes on the radio, but don't ever seek the song out...

A lot of War sounds dated.

New Year's Day does not.

The solo is one of the best things Edge has ever done. Looking out at the snow today on the bus, listening to it, I almost teared up. Seriously.

What an absolutely beautiful song, and one of the few classics that doesn't sound at all forced or tired live. Always a winner.

:up: :up: New Year's Day :up: :up:

BluRmGrl said:
NYD was 'the one' for me - the first song I remember hearing from them, so it always has & always will hold a special place in my heart. I'm still mesmerized every time I hear it, whether it's on the radio, my mp3 player, a video show, or live

I was thinking the exact same thing....NYD was my first favorite U2 song--I don't think it is "dated" at all!

AtomicBono said:
The solo is one of the best things Edge has ever done.

Abso-freakin-lutely!!! :rockon: It's up there with his Fly solo! :drool:

New Years Day, what a great and timeless song! Top 10, sometimes Top 5 material for me.

It's great song, they must keep it in the playlist for the next tour, and Edge should play NYD with Stratocaster again

Back
Top Bottom