My gf got me zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stryker395

The Fly
I love Valentines Day. My girlfriend got me zooropa. I know it's not the 14th yet, but we're just a weird couple like that. Anywho, I had a burned copy of it but I have slowly started to just buy the U2 albums that I had burned. There were only a couple that I had burned, but trust me to those who have burned or downloaded U2 mp3's.....the albums sound so much better straight from the cd. There is definently a noticeable difference.

Now I only have Rattle and Hum left. I don't have it at all, but I do have the dvd. I just thought it was sweet that she got me zooropa. Haha, we were in best buy together and she was looking at stuff to get me and I was a few feet away looking at the music dvd's and singing zooropa. That's when she said it popped into her head that I had been wanting it.

Anywho...I know it's not exactly the best little story, but still I'm excited to actually have the album and liner notes. :)

:drool:

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that the best part was that I thought someone else had gotten the last copy from the the store. Cause I would always come in there and look at it, but I never bought it. I usually can't leave without going over towards the U2 section of albums anyway. So she had already bought it behind my back a few moments earlier and then I freaked out cause I thought someone had come in and bought the last copy and I was dissapointed. However, then when we got to the car she liked smiled real big cause I had been talking about it like it was precious gold to me or something. Then she said something like "Well here is your precious gold."

Anywho....I like my little story and I hope you do too. Oh and if you don't....well then that's just too bad for you.

:wink:

Last edited:
Zooropa

Zooropa is indeed a great album. But man I hated it when I first heard it!! I was determined to get my head around it and just listened and listened to it. It is very rare that you get an album that tells you where a band was at for the 2-3 months they made it, and in the middle of a groundbreaking tour no less. They will never make an album like this again. For me it is better than Pop, and as Bill Graham said, the LP sounds like the 4 were on the same wavelength the whole time. Sounds like Kid A/Amnesiac Radiohead too - but better than most of the tracks. LMK what you think of it!!!

Re: Zooropa

zoology said:
Zooropa is indeed a great album. But man I hated it when I first heard it!! I was determined to get my head around it and just listened and listened to it. It is very rare that you get an album that tells you where a band was at for the 2-3 months they made it, and in the middle of a groundbreaking tour no less. They will never make an album like this again. For me it is better than Pop, and as Bill Graham said, the LP sounds like the 4 were on the same wavelength the whole time. Sounds like Kid A/Amnesiac Radiohead too - but better than most of the tracks. LMK what you think of it!!!

I agree, zooropa took me forever to get what was so special about the album. It's definently one of their best though. Perhaps that's why I didn't buy it right off the bat after I heard it.

The liner notes are nice and colorful, aren't they? Your "Lemon" experience isn't complete until you've read the lyrics superimposed over a bright yellow one.

I always thought it was funny they gave "The First Time" a somewhat suggestive picture for its page.

Zooropa is the overlooked jewel in the U2 catalog. Cult-like status among all of us who love it, apathy for those looking purely for soaring singles etc. I definitely agree with whoever said it's U2 at their most cohesive period; the album sounds more like a solo artist's album than a band. I wouldn't mind hearing them go in a similar direction for the next album, ie Dirty Day and Zooropa.

Back
Top Bottom