My friend wants another "Pop" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2004, 01:41 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by quadcaster
mmm i like both albums, i think pop would have been better if it had been less technoish in parts, still good but
Bah, no way! Technoish? It sounds like a band creating new sounds with guitars and studio effects etc, it is a GREAT sounding album as is! It is the LAST album U2 will release that is adventurous and creative and trying new ideas, there is no question about that. Songs like 'Do you feel loved' with Larrys greaaaat percussion and Mofo are just to leftfield for most USA fans who bought the Joshua Tree in droves. There in lies the problem and if you think about it U2 are now creating music that they feel is defintely gonna sell by the truckload in the USA, as with the last album and probably with this album as well. Maybe they have sold out in a way, unfortunately!

Old 10-21-2004, 03:43 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 06:58 PM
I used to work with a guy who wanted another October. Overt Christian references, no drink, no drugs no sex.
He hasn't bought a U2 album since 1985. He hated Still Haven't Found because, in his words, "It's glorifies the idea of doubting in Jesus our saviour".
He told me once that he has a lot of friends who feel the same way and won't buy anything related to U2.
My favorite quote from him: "There are more of us than you would like to think."

Maybe my old co-worker and your friend should meet and compare notes.

Old 10-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 09:58 PM
I think what people are missing out is that U2 took the ideas they learned from the Pop era and fused it with some older stuff to create something new
Old 10-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000
I used to work with a guy who wanted another October. Overt Christian references, no drink, no drugs no sex.
He hasn't bought a U2 album since 1985. He hated Still Haven't Found because, in his words, "It's glorifies the idea of doubting in Jesus our saviour".
He told me once that he has a lot of friends who feel the same way and won't buy anything related to U2.
My favorite quote from him: "There are more of us than you would like to think."

I love that "It's glorifies the idea of doubting in Jesus our saviour".
Hehehe what a twa!.

Hehehe you gotta laugh at these bible bashers!!!!! Whoops there's the atheist in me coming out again.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 09:58 PM
GIVE ME ZOOROPA OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #21
War Child

I don't understand all this "I want another this, or I want another that." I thought that being new and fresh everytime was what us fans prided U2 on being. Is not Achtung Baby popular for its innovativeness, its freshness? If people take pride in this album for that, then why would they want another one just like it? Same as Pop. JT was very innovative for its time. I adore JT. I consider it to be a work of art on the same scale as a Van Gogh painting. But I do NOT want another JT. I can handle U2 putting out something completely different.
I think alot of the ATYCLB bashing stems from people either still living in the early 90s/late 80s, or people simply not understanding the reasoning behind its music. I think its a bril album.