My fear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
This is just sort of a random thought, but do you think u2 will ever get to a point where they just can't perform live well anymore? I mean if they decided to keep touring for a while? Just wondering because I've yet to see them live but am planning on seeing them on their next tour. I just have this reoccuring nightmare that I go to see u2 and it sounds bad or Bono is all old and fat!:wink:

I don't think they'd tour if they sounded bad or if Bono was too fat to perform. At least I'd hope that they'd have the good sense not to. :huh:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. All of the U2 band members have said at one point or another that if they did not feel they could give their best, if they didnt have it anymore they would hang it up. Larry Mullen was interviewed by anti-U2 Chicago newspaper critic Jim DeRegoatis or however you spell it, in 2005 and said something to the effect of: "With respect to you and your colleagues, when it is time for U2 to get the proverbial bullet in the head, we will do that ourselves, thank you very much. We would not be putting out this material if we did not think that we could keep getting better. We owe our fans this, etc, we have experimented on them they have staid with us all these years...." -a com,plete paraphrase, but google it for the exact interview, very insightful from the man who probably has the most pull and veto power in the band, Larry Mullen Jr.

Also, Bono's voice has continually gotten better since 2000 and was amazing for alot of the Vertigo tour, especially the last leg, which saw some of the best performances of U2 classics since Zoo TV. Check out Bad Auckland, One Tree Hill Auckland, Pride Japan, Streets NZ, NYD Japan, all sounded the best they have in a very long time. In addition, check out the Union Chapel gig in Nov 2007, its all on youtube. Wave of Sorrow, Desire, Stay all especially good. The most recent performances have only saw Bono's voice getting better, and that is the only variable-Larry, Edge and Adam are still the same and Adam for one has gotten much better w/ time. Bono has the control and technique part of his voice that he has mastered since having throat surgery before the elevation tour, and now the power of the Joshua Tree Rattle and Hum days is starting to come back. It is amazing to think how good they will be if this trend holds up- a 1980s powerful voice that he knows how to control and not blow out like he did in the last few Lovetown shows in 1989! Long story short, do not worry, they have too much respect for themselves and their fans to go out there if they know they will suck.

When Bono remeber all lyrics, Larry loves the Passanger album, Edge want to be on the news and Adam get his own tour. Well then it is time to do other things.

To be honest, I like U2 gigs as much as anyone. But I wouldn't really mind if they quit touring, focussed solely on writing music, and released something really good every one or two years.

Trinity3000 said:
My fear is some deranged Bono hater will take him out. I do worry about it sometimes.

It is just as likely that a PLEBAn will kidnap him and keep him in their basement for their personal enjoyment.

On the bright side they will probably make him diet and exercise so he won't look fat.

his voice his getting better!!! i wouldnt be suprised if they hung it up by 2014 but i hope they go untill about 2025

bono will be 65 lol

My fear is that some people don't realize there is other music out there and that some people obsess and haven't come to terms with the fact that the members of U2 aren't vampires, therefore won't live forever... :shrug:

What about Larry? He doesn't age + there are those bulls blood stories (bulls blood is a total gateway blood :tsk: )

ergo, Larry = Vampire!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WTFBBQ!!!111

elevated_u2_fan said:
What about Larry? He doesn't age + there are those bulls blood stories (bulls blood is a total gateway blood :tsk: )

Vampire drummers don't whine about bad wrists...

He may be part vampire. That's not confirmed.

And contrary to popular belief Keith Richards isn't a vampire either, he's part cockroach. He'll live longer than a vampire.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
My fear is that some people don't realize there is other music out there and that some people obsess and haven't come to terms with the fact that the members of U2 aren't vampires, therefore won't live forever... :shrug:

*repeated quotes removed* -Bonochick

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when that time comes U2 will call it quits. Part of my respect for U2 is that they bring it live every night. Sure they might not play the songs we want to hear sometimes, but 95% of the setlist is performed at a high level (except "One", they've sounded bored for quite a while on that one). U2 is the biggest band in the world and unlike most bands with such popularity/power they still do back to backs.

U2 = Live Rock SHOW

Plus Bono runs 2 miles a day before tour :wink:

Back
Top Bottom