My favorite U2 member (The edge)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2STEVE70

Babyface
The Edge sets the mood and astrosphere for most U2 songs. His guitar playing has improved more and more thoughout the years, and he is a great sideman.

Bono is a awesomely charismatic singer which unfortunately overshallows the other 3 sometimes.

Larry and Adam are a really cool rhythm section

U2STEVE70 said:
The Edge sets the mood and astrosphere for most U2 songs. His guitar playing has improved more and more thoughout the years, and he is a great sideman.

Bono is a awesomely charismatic singer which unfortunately overshallows the other 3 sometimes.

Larry and Adam are a really cool rhythm section

That's my vote too! I agree! They ALL get my vote, because I love all four of the guys equally for contributing to ONE GREAT ROCK AND ROLL BAND!! :wink:

Geez, I don't know how I could even begin to pick a favorite band member, but yeah, The Edge totally kicks ass.

Cheers to the most unique guitar player of the past 30 years!

gw2005.jpg

Edge rules. I think Bono's best period as an artist was from '87-'94 or so (he's still amazing, of course) but Edge's best period is right now. I've never heard him play better than on this tour.

LyricalDrug said:
Edge's best period is right now. I've never heard him play better than on this tour.

I totally agree.
(my theory is that all the concert videos/dvds have a
star... like R+H is The Bono Show, Popmart was
The Adam Show, Slane is definitely The Larry Show,
and now we finally have the Real Big Edge Show..)
:applaud:

Smilla said:

I totally agree.
(my theory is that all the concert videos/dvds have a
star... like R+H is The Bono Show, Popmart was
The Adam Show, Slane is definitely The Larry Show,
and now we finally have the Real Big Edge Show..)
:applaud:
Sorry, I don't see why Popmart is 'the Adam show', or why Elevation is 'the Larry show'.

Actually I think the Chicago DVD is the first officially released 'Adam show', if you must call it that way. Grinning and walking round the ellipse (especially Mysterious Ways)... :)

I think the whole Pop sound was very much about those bass lines...

In Slane you eventually see Larry enjoying what he's doing..

but of course you dont have to agree :wink:

Back
Top Bottom