My e-mail to a DJ got Interscope Records to open on a Saturday...eek!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
This is from Jason Justice, DJ at 97.3 The Planet in Kansas City. Last Saturday I sent an e-mail to the DJ's there saying the album had leaked and I had all of the MP3's. Apparantly, he called Interscope to see how many radio stations were playing it and they didn't even know that the album had leaked.

Part of me feels awful about this. Granted it was going to happen sooner or later, but for me to be the one to open the door and get people to come into work on a Saturday when they didn't have to, kind of makes me feel guilty.

Subject: RE: "
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:37:51 -0600
From: "Jason Justice" <JasonJustice@973ThePlanet.com> View Contact Details
To: "Jason Fuerst" <jason_fuerst@yahoo.com>

Jason,
Thanks so much for all of your help with this. When you sent me the E-mail about having the album I went to Interference and got it at about noon on Saturday. I called the label to see how many people were already playing it and they didn't even know that it leaked. Your E-mail to me ended up opening Interscope Records on a Saturday!
Let me know when and if you get Fast Cars.

thanks again,
jason justice

But you know what they did that Saturday, right? That may have been when they decided to ship out copies of htdaab to radio stations across the country. So because of your email, every radio station got the album earlier and listeners across the country got a chance to hear it. And I think that's a good thing. So stop feeling bad - because of you, people got to hear non-Vertigo songs a bit earlier! :)

Back
Top Bottom