my college paper has a "Reason's I hate Bono" top 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow......My college thesis had to be twenty pages typed, with ten resources listed in the bibliography. Times have certainly changed.

If I were that student's english teacher. I would have rejected the thesis and told him/her to take some refresher courses, in remedial reading/writing.

I wonder how many people she got to go Google Bono and Pug puppies? :lol:

jesseu2 said:
I just came across this an had to post it.

http://www.asuwebdevil.com/images/issues/pdfs/112807-spmissue15.pdf

Reasons I hate Bono

I appreciate his philanthropy. I appreciate his music. I will never
appreciate U2’s Bono. Just hear me out.

1 Bono hates pug puppies
Seriously. Google that shit.

2 He has a band named U2
He helped contribute to the start of text abbreviations.
English majors will forever be bitter.

3. The name Bono comes from the Latin “Bono Vox,” meaning good voice
He’s a liar too.

4 The obvious: He wears sunglasses inside
How dare he allow the kid in economics class feel OK about his scratched cornea? What rays are you banning, dude?

5 He wrote the lyrics to “Vertigo”
Spanish speakers everywhere should be insulted. Also, fat girls wearing lingerie on MySpace.com should be angry with him for taking their picture caption: “All of this can be yours.”

ASU Sucks anyway, you should have gone to the U of A.

A stor said:
Wow......My college thesis had to be twenty pages typed, with ten resources listed in the bibliography. Times have certainly changed.

If I were that student's english teacher. I would have rejected the thesis and told him/her to take some refresher courses, in remedial reading/writing.

It's not a thesis. It's an article in a student newspaper.

Re: Re: my college paper has a "Reason's I hate Bono" top 5

zuropa_fit said:

ASU Sucks anyway, you should have gone to the U of A.

U of A was murdered this past Saturday at ASU in football! :evil:

Tuscon sucks ass girl! It's like you are in a third world down there. No way in hell i'd go to U of A. :madspit:

U of A blows.. :up:

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:

That's how I interpreted it :shrug:

People's reasons for hating Bono tend to be a little ridiculous ("I mean, oh my god, how DARE he want to fight poverty and AIDS?!"), and it seems like this list is just a compilation of stupid reasons to "hate" Bono.

But the guy could've come up with better reasons. I mean, I love Bono to pieces, but I could come up with way better fake reasons to hate him.

:up: That's exactly how I interpreted it. Mocking those who say they hate Bono, yet have the lamest reasons why. The lamest reason I've heard so far is "because they are devil worshippers." :eyebrow:

GibsonGirl said:

It's not a thesis. It's an article in a student newspaper.

Opps.....my bad. I saw the title of the thread that said college paper and I assumed an essay or thesis written for english class. Thanks for the clarification.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"this place is big, but u2 and you are bigger"

:huh:

And yes, most reasons why people hate U2 (hate being the key word and U2 actually meaning Bono) on the internets are lame.

Re: Re: Re: my college paper has a "Reason's I hate Bono" top 5

jesseu2 said:

U of A was murdered this past Saturday at ASU in football! :evil:

Tuscon sucks ass girl! It's like you are in a third world down there. No way in hell i'd go to U of A. :madspit:

U of A blows.. :up:

I was talking about the general quality of people that attend - and the cultural wasteland that is Tempe.

But touche on the football.

Re: Re: Re: Re: my college paper has a "Reason's I hate Bono" top 5

zuropa_fit said:

I was talking about the general quality of people that attend - and the cultural wasteland that is Tempe.

But touche on the football.

Yes, actually, I am getting tired of the people here and am thinking of getting the hell outta here sometime after I finish my masters in 6 months. I thought you were U of A alum or current student :lol:

Tempe used to be a cool and interesting place, before the developers created the Tempe Town Swamp -- er, Lake, -- removed all the interesting and unusual shops on Mill Avenue and turned it into Yet Another Shopping Mall.

Former Zonie here, moved to Oregon. Eugene is like a cross of Flagstaff and Tempe the way it used to be. :)

Back
Top Bottom