My Brother is an Ahole (Related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
So I'm on my way to the plaza when my brother rings me up. The first thing he says was "Breaking news! The Edge of U2 just died this morning!"

My first reaction?

:ohmy: Shock, horror, my guts just dropped. The first words out of my mouth were "D-d-d-on't be an idiot..." Then I calmed down and realised that he was being an idiot as usual.

So this brings me to my question: For the first few seconds I was horrified. How do you think you would react to such news? How would you cope? I was SO worried, day-in, day-out during the months between the previous date of the Melb 1 concert to the new date that something might happen before I saw them.

I think I need a hug. :crazy: :lol:

Lol, wow. Your brother is an ass.

I'd be pissed. I mean, I've planned my afterlife.
All it is is playing Go Fish with Freddie Mercury. Marc Bolan and my pet rooster will be the judges.
U2 ARE NOT INVITED. :angry: None of them are allowed to die on the grounds that I know they'd wanna play, and you can't play Go Fish with that many people!
(And Bono would probably try to molest Marc)

But yeah I'd be pissed and heartbroken that I wouldn't ever be able to see them and sad for family ect.
Just like how I feel when any of my heros die :|

I once had a dream that Bono died, and my dad died in it too. Both of them were driving over a bridge in the rain at three o'clock in the morning, and skidded over the edge (no puns).

I was shocked, horrified and incredibly sad, both for my dad and Bono. Bono's death was on the news (in my dream) and I can remember it showing his family, and I felt sorry for them. So, if I was to be told that one of the band members was dead, being the selfish git that I am, I'd be crying over the fact that I'd have to live on without them. Then I'd remember their families and mourn with them.

Back in 01 I started a thread named Bono died and then talked about something else. Needless I got bitch at to no end. I was 14 at the time ...wow, I hadn´t stopped to think how long i´ve been in interference... but oh well. :reject:

I'd be heartbroken because it'd mean no more U2...no new albums, no live gigs...and Bono and Edge have done a lot of good work for the world outside of U2 (I'm sure Larry and Adam have done their part as well). needless to say i'd be in mourning for awhile. I hope it doesn't happen...ever. We need to perfect the technology of transporting human brains into robot bodies :wink:

Well, remember revenge is a dish best served cold. I wouldn't lower myself to your brother's level and say someone died. That's not cool. You would have to come up with something unique to your brother.

How would I react? I'd be sad and then I'd be pissed when I found out it was a joke.

Of course ad be devestated, as u2 have been the one constant thing in my life bar none.
On the other hand, i think a lot of stuff would come out of the woodwork. Songs that werent deemed good enough at the time for one reason or other.

:lmao: Yes, my brother is an ass! Thanks everyone! :hug:

As for the whole family-or-me thing, I think most people (well at least (somewhat ashamedely) me) would swing towards the "I have to live without U2" side and then later feel for his family. It's the human condition.

Ah yes, the cyclical "what if a member of U2 died?" thread. :D

I would probably drive everyone I know insane by playing absolutely nothing but U2 for the grieving process. ;)

That was rude, but if that's the worst thing your brother ever did, consider yourself lucky. Mine have done much worse, and I'm not talking about jokes. Sorry anyway.

I would be pretty shocked and admit I might even cry quite a few tears, specially if I see funeral pictures and stuff. It would be really, really horrible.

And I agree your brother is an asshole.

if it was to happen after the band had called it quits, it might be a bit easier to take... but, if it was sudden, like tomorrow, and we all know that there was still more on the horizon, i'd be devastated. I mean, I'd feel horrible about the death, and mourn with the families and loved ones, but at the same time, I'd also mourn what was to come, i'd mourn the missed possibilities that could never happen as well.

I'm not really sure how I'd react. Judging by my previous reactions to deaths, I'm numb at first and then things go downhill for quite some time until I can snap out of it. I was surprised by my reaction to Steve Irwin's death. It will take a long time...

I had a dream a few years ago where Bono was very sick and expected to die. It was kind of disturbing.

I think I would have a hard time listening to the inevitable tributes on TV and the radio if a member of U2 were to die in reality. I'd be glad they were being lovingly remembered, but it would be so painful too. I'd probably cry buckets.

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:

:lmao:

Is it wrong that when I first read the title of this thread, I said: "well of course he's related, he's your brother!"? :der:

Well, yeah that's true I suppose! :lol:

:laugh: I didn't even think of that!

Back
Top Bottom