My adventures in the world of teasing taunting retailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I went to the local mom and pop's store in Harrisonburg today. Not the one I usually go to (it's too far away). These guys don't sell stuff early. So I ask him if they're getting the box set in. He's like, "Yeah, I think. We've got three versions." And he goes back, brings up the fucking book and holds it in front of me, unaware of the secret pheromones emitted by U2 discs only recognized by die-hard U2 fans. The combination of sight and smell almost caused me to pounc on him, but intead I just said, "Yeah, that's the one." He of course, said he couldn't sell it until tomorrow. So I left. Then I went to Sam Goody, just to check their prices.

Dumb Sam Goody lady says she thinks they're getting some in. So she goes back and checks, and once again, she brings the disc up, SETS IT ON THE COUNTER IN FRONT OF ME, and asks me if I'd like to go ahead and put 5 bucks down to hold it. I'm getting anxious, I really want to lay my money on the counter and just bolt out of there. I tell her I'll pay in full, and she tells me it's 27 bucks. Only 27 for this??? At SAM GOODY, the most overpriced music retailer in the United States? Surely I'm in heaven! But she thinks there's something wrong. She thinks it's priced TOO HIGH, that there must be ANOTHER edition with more stuff. Stupid stupid lady. SHe goes and gets the manager. I tell the manager, just to be honest, that she must have mislabeled the discs. She said it's impossible, she checked the inventory. Then after deliberating for a moment, she goes back and checks. "Thanks a lot, you were right! The CD/DVD ones were packaged in with the normal ones and I put the wrong label on. You saved us a LOT of trouble." I feel good, yadda yadda yadda. They still charge me full price, all thirty five bucks. I was willing to pay it, but at this point I've been standing here for 15 minutes, saving her ass because she had the WRONG price on the most expensive version. At least coulda knocked off like 10 or 15 percent. Oh well. I paid it all and will pick up tomorrow. Bastards.

I ordered the box set because I didn't trust finding it anywhere here. I decided I wanted to get the regular CD as well though, so I went to Media Play, since they are the only joint around here that is open at midnight for releases...and I have part of a giftcard left. Well, they let us in early...but they wouldn't check anybody out until midnight. Sticklers! I stood at the register for 15 minutes, squirming and fidgeting. I kept scraping my thumbnail across the plastic wrapping. I contemplated just ripping it open...I mean, what would they have done? :lol:

Haha today when I tried to buy the new album, the shelves in the shop were balanced precariously for some reason, so every time a I took a copy of HTDAAB off the shelf, tons of copies came flooding down to the floor noisily..

Not embarassing at all, then (this happened about 3 times ;))

Last edited:
Just the regular disc was $9.99. I didn't see any box sets or CD+DVD sets...so I'm really glad I ordered the box set online!

Back
Top Bottom