Music Rising Auction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On Principal, you mean? :)

Seriously, wouldn't it be cool if the guys in the band collectively bought it and gave it back to Edge?

I'm so thrilled by how much money this auction is raising. There's going to be enough to help every church and child in New Orleans (weeps for joy)

Just that I think Edge is an incredible guitar player, as much as I love Bono Edge IS far better. Thats what I meant.

It would be great if they bought it and gave it back!!!!

edge-1975-cream-gibson-2.jpg

Goodbye :sad:

From Wikipedia:

Gibson Les Paul Custom: "Zoo Station", "Rejoice", "Walk On", "New Year's Day", "Zooropa", "Babyface", "Love is Blindness", "Acrobat", "One", "Unchained Melody" (Often played after One), "Can't Help Falling in Love", "Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car", "Dirty Day", "Satellite Of Love", "Lemon", "Numb", "Mofo", "Kite", "In a Little While", "Peace on Earth", "Exit", "In God's Country",
The Edge has donated his white Les Paul to an auction to benefit his organisation Music Rising.

:sad:

This auction party was so much fun!

Looking forward to hearing stories and seeing more pix (I couldn't find any others besides the Edge/Christy ones on Getty.)

The End... Auction finished.

I guess it's time to go to bed.

It was a great party today.

Good night everybody! :wave:

Here's a total for all the u2 auctions: $22000
+
the Edge: $457,000 ($240,000 for the Gibson)
+
Bono: $221,000 ($180 for the Gretsch)
+
Adam: $22,000
+
Larry: $19,000
=
Total: $741,000

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
I missed the party. I am cry :scream: :sad:

Looks like they raised a lot of money. Way to go :up:

:hug: for you Lila!

The $400,000 for the Jimi Hendrix guitar, the $160,000 for a Bob Dylan one + u2's $741,000 alone is 1,3 million already.

Back
Top Bottom