Much More New Music Rumors and Such...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, HMV has had that up for quite awhile now on their website. This is the first I've read/heard of it being actually posted in the store for coming soon as well as an actual date attached to it.

:drool:

If this were true, wouldn't that mean we could have a single like... any day now?

Maybe that's the plan.

If an album was going to be released at any point in November we would have a single out now plus a tracklist coming shortly.

Didn't HMV do the same thing in November of 08 for No Line as well?

As much as I want a new album, I'm not getting my hopes up until we something more concrete.

Of course we have seen hmv.com have place holders on their site for releases that never materialized

This is what I was thinking.

That link that BoMac posted is a bit sketchy. Just bare bones, nothing of much substance except the album title, which everybody and their poodle has known for like a year and a half now. And they've used that horrific picture of Bono with the eyeliner.

The Twitter shot is a bit more intriguing.

They had an online placeholder for NLOTH in 08 and an online one for SOA in 09 (calm down about that weblink people, where have you been??), but not one in stores as far as I know.

They had an online placeholder for NLOTH in 08 and an online one for SOA in 09 (calm down about that weblink people, where have you been??), but not one in stores as far as I know.

Also to differentiate between the weblink which is super old and the twitter shot - the HMV website has the album as Songs of Ascent. The picture from Edinburgh has the Title yet to be confirmed.

Which, if this is all true, it could very well be the reason why we haven't heard anything from U2 yet - aside from the new songs they've been playing. If they don't know the exact title of whatever they're releasing, why would they give us 1: album details, 2: tracklisting, 3: release date, 4: a single off "Album TBC!"

If anything, that lends some hope that we may get an album this year.

Hey, combine this date, and Bono's statement that they'll "have a whole new set of songs ready for Australia..."

Not saying it's a lock, but this is getting more and more interesting...

um... is anyone else tempted to "write the first customer review"? :D

:lol: I actually thought the same thing before a long time ago. yes that webpage has been there for like ever. I think they have had that up since we first heard U2 talk about the next album being named that.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but this went up on Twitter from some fan who was at HMV in Edinburgh apparently:

AAAHHHH HOLY FUCK SO HYPER!! Hope its true!! | Plixi

Twitter / chelle mcbride: From an HMV store in edinb ...

So perhaps a new album this year after all.

For what it's worth, Songs of Ascent is also listed on Metacritic as an "upcoming album":
http://features.metacritic.com/features/upcoming-album-release-calendar/
Relax, they could have used the GIANT DISEMBODIED HEAD OF BONO picture!! :lol:
:lmao:
I like you. :hi5:
um... is anyone else tempted to "write the first customer review"? :D
Yes.
"It sucks. The new version of Mercy sucks because it's not exactly how I remember it. The album isn't dark enough and Bono doesn't sing about suicide, which sucks. EBW isn't just a guitar and vocals, so it sucks, too. Glastonbury either is on this album, which sucks because it's not quiet and meditative like the rest of Songs of Ascent, or it isn't, which sucks because it's awesome live. It doesn't sound exactly like the nineties, so it's not experimental, so it sucks. Soon sucks because it's two minutes long and they already released it. North Star sucks because it's too upbeat compared to the live version. In conclusion, this album is a worthless crock of sucky shit. Suck/10."

Forget the HMV Poster. When should we expect the leak? (I'm still going to BUY the album so don't start complaining)

"Love is the end of history, the enemy of misery" is supposed to be better?

I actually like the new lyrics, unlike the old ones, they're not trying too hard, they're honest. "It's just us" is my favourite new addition actually.

No, the "love" lyrics weren't any better. But I've stated in my other posts that I don't consider the 2004 Version to be a complete song either. If anything, I think that's why the band took it off of HTDAAB at the last minute. Sonically, it seems to fit HTDAAB more than, say, A Man and a Woman, but I think the band felt that it was the one that was slightly incomplete from a writing perspective and so it got the axe.

Unfortunately, I don't think they've remedied that situation for the better. I'm not saying "Love hears when I lie" is a good lyric, it's just that I think the new lyrics are even worse. Also, it scares me that "Love hears when I lie" sounds like an evolved, slightly advanced version of Bongolese, while the new chorus lyrics seem actually thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom