MTV Video Vanguard Award

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spinning Ladies

The Fly
I was watching last years' VMAs again (mainly to see the special U2 award again) and this time I taped it. After taping it I played over and over again. Such an awesome assemblage of footage! I also played it in slo-mo so I could see everything: there's a lot of footage in that video presentation that's hard to see without watching it in slo-mo. Great presentation.:yes:

My dad was in bed last night, and all of the sudden I heard him yell, "Kate, Kate!!!!! Bono's on MTV!!!!!!!!" Then he cranked the volume! *lol* I love my dad...:D

Bonochick said:
My dad was in bed last night, and all of the sudden I heard him yell, "Kate, Kate!!!!! Bono's on MTV!!!!!!!!" Then he cranked the volume! *lol* I love my dad...:D

My 15 year old did the same thing! He came into my room and said "Mom, hurry put it on MTV"...he even stayed and watched the whole thing with me.

Such a good boy :heart:

Same here. I've seen that lots of times, but still recorded it. My sister even called me from Chicago to tell me about it. :D

Poison?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Poison is like the Spice Girls and Hanson. No one wants to admit that once upon a time they liked them....LMAO...how the hell did they get the opportunity for video vanguard..their videos sucked arse:no:

What? You're kidding right? Poison? Look, I saw those guys in concert a few weeks ago and it was alot of fun. Pyro. Smoke. Strobe lights. People still living in the 80's. Fun and kitchy. But Vanguard Award? As I said, you're joking right?

I thought Carson Daly did a great job of introducing U2 too. You could tell he really admired them. Not like when he talks about most of the bands that used to be on TRL. Does he still host that show? *lol*

I don't think Carson Daly hosts TRL anymore. He has his own series on NBC I believe.

As for the video vanguard award broadcast, it's said to see it since Joey Ramone wasn't there to get the award. Even worse, another member of the Ramones passed away recently. It's so sad that one of the most influential bands of all time is passing away before our eyes. :(

luvresqme said:
I thought Carson Daly did a great job of introducing U2 too. You could tell he really admired them. Not like when he talks about most of the bands that used to be on TRL. Does he still host that show? *lol*

:yes: Carson is a HUGE U2 fan. I saw him on Rosie O'Donnell around the time of the VMAs and he was talking about how he went to one of the Slane shows and how amazing it was.

This years VMA's are going to be kind of early, August 29th. All I know is that according to FOX news, Bruce Springstein and the E Street Band will perform, and Eminem is going to perform too.

Have the Red Hot Chilli Peppers won the Vangaurd award before? If not, then they should be up for it, I think they are totally deserving of it. If they already have, then I am at my wits end thinking of someone that deserves it. Usually it is given to someone that has been around for a while.

! I was watching that the other day!! Mom was with me and she said Bono was short and at the part when he's talking about rubbing up against people she was like EXCUSE ME??? It was so funny.........

I wanted that video thing to last longer ! :mad: it was so awesome though

MonaVox said:
! I was watching that the other day!! Mom was with me and she said Bono was short and at the part when he's talking about rubbing up against people she was like EXCUSE ME??? It was so funny.........

*lmao*!!!!!

Dad was in his room watchin' it, and I was in the livin' room watchin' it...after Bono said that part about rubbing up against people, Dad yelled, "Don't even say it!" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom