MTV sucks really really bad (my frustrated rant)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
that was one extremely lame awards show. jlo cant sing to save her life, what the hell was jay z saying, n sync no words to describe that crap, all the other people i dont know who the hell they are. U2 was the only bright spot, and their performance was mediocre. Stuck is just a pretty boring way to end. i havnet watched mtv for any longet than 5 minutes since u2 were on trl, and this is just plain depressing. I have never seen some untalented, extremely unintelligent poeple assembled under the title of an awards show. The only moment worth watching the whole show was to see Bono's and Ali's expressions when N Sync one best band video (which is odd since they are not a band). one more thing, please get Chris Rock back, at least then it would be funny.

------------------
jp
what shall i render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me? i will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.

I would have to agree with you 100%. I'am embarrassed that U2 was even a part of it. I wish now they had stayed home and started rehearsing some new songs for the fall leg!
I thought it was funny how you could tell John Norris was a little ticked that U2 didnt win more and that the Moulin Rouge crap one best video. He even eluded to the fact that some of the winners were lame. I always thought of him as a lame boy band/Madonna ass kisser. But I have little more respect for him now. It is obvious he likes U2 it was cool that he pointed out U2 as the highlight.

I also think Ian summed up most people out there who are not under 15 and female's opinion of N Suck in the post show!

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 09-06-2001).]

You guys are right. U2 shouldn't have wasted their time. It was a 'hopeless case' all along. U2 are too good for them. This pisses me off so bad I won't be able to sleep.

------------------
I B 4 U2!

Ah, well, I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not disappointed. U2 knew what they were getting into when they signed up. I'm sure they regarded most of the evening with a humorous eye. Seeing the Ramones was great, and the montage of U2 videos was cool, too. And now, I can stop watching MTV again.

Its scary when MTV people like Kurt Loder, John Norris, Carson Daly and that Ian guy make sense and then the awards go to some lame asses. I feel soooo bad for Carson-- the poor guy has to go to work tomorrow and act like he enjoyed the show. And that Ian guy-- I thought he was just some stupid heavy metal boy but he almost started to get emotional in the post show talking about the Ramones. He rocks now.

And say what you will about Carson-- he did a great job tonight introducing our boys.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sharky:
Its scary when MTV people like Kurt Loder, John Norris, Carson Daly and that Ian guy make sense and then the awards go to some lame asses. I feel soooo bad for Carson-- the poor guy has to go to work tomorrow and act like he enjoyed the show. And that Ian guy-- I thought he was just some stupid heavy metal boy but he almost started to get emotional in the post show talking about the Ramones. He rocks now.

And say what you will about Carson-- he did a great job tonight introducing our boys.

I agree Carson did a good job!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I have heard Carson is actually into rock music and doesnt care for the boy band teeny bopper crap. But he is making a living and he knows where his bread is buttered currently and it is tough to turn down fame and money.

Carson Daily got his start as a DJ on L.A.'s big alternative rock station, KROQ. Considering that, it's no surprise he still favors some of that music...

Carson seems like a major U2 fan! his speech kicked total ass!
biggrin.gif
, good to know some people at MTV respect good music!
wink.gif
...but yeah, MTV blows biggggggg time
rolleyes.gif

------------------
--STU234

Dammit, i'm NOT a newbie i just can't decide on a "handle" i'm happy with. . .

U2= The greatest band EVER!

Back
Top Bottom