MTV showing new U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
MT will be showing a special on the Tribeca Film Festival on the
following dates/times:

Fri 05/24 8:30 PM
Sat 05/25 9:00 AM
Tue 05/28 6:30 PM

This may give us the sneak peek at the new U2 song if MTV decides to ACTUALLY PLAY MUSIC and shows it.

Hi!

It looks like that they did play a new song in New York last night....

Here's an article from NME.com......

U2 - 'Gangs' mentality
NEW 2!

U2 have premiered a brand new song at a NEW YORK FILM FESTIVAL.
The Irish group have been working on a selection of new tracks over the summer, with a view to releasing a new album next year. Plans are also underfoot for a 'Greatest Hits' compilation, although it is unclear when it will see release.

The band performed the new song 'Hands That Built America' via satellite from Ireland to the 15,000 delegates at the Tribeca Film Festival on Monday (May 13).

MTV news reports that the track will feature in the forthcoming Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro film 'Gangs Of New York'.

I quite like the sound of the song's title....I dont have MTV at my home but wonder if anyone had heard it or seen this performance? If any of you did, what are your thoughts? Any good?

dougal

Originally posted by dougal55:
Hi!

It looks like that they did play a new song in New York [bold]last night [/bold]....

I meant to say that it was played on Monday night.....

Originally posted by dougal55:

Here's an article from NME.com......

U2 - 'Gangs' mentality
NEW 2!
U2 have premiered a brand new song at a NEW YORK FILM FESTIVAL.
The Irish group have been working on a selection of new tracks over the summer, with a view to releasing a new album next year. Plans are also underfoot for a 'Greatest Hits' compilation, although it is unclear when it will see release.

The band performed the new song 'Hands That Built America' via satellite from Ireland to the 15,000 delegates at the Tribeca Film Festival on Monday (May 13).

MTV news reports that the track will feature in the forthcoming Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro film 'Gangs Of New York'.

'Hands That Built America' on 'Gangs Of New York Sound Track'?

What about 'A Man Is A Man'?

Does that mean they'll both be on the sound track or is 'A Man Is A Man' just a wild rumour?

MTV sucks
if anything they will edit out any musical content and replace it with a cheesy gameshow

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

bump.

Tonight could be the big night. Hopefully they will show the video. I guess we can only hope.

[This message has been edited by ramblin rose (edited 05-24-2002).]

Sharky - Thanks so much for the tip. After watching the news clip of Bono signing to the African kids, I'm in dire need of some more fresh, new U2 music.

Back
Top Bottom