MTV edits VMA rerun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
Just watched the replay of the VMAs and MTV edited out where U2 had no power, also edited out Bono's line at beginning of "Eleveation" apologizing fot technical difficulties.
And the wankers edited out Bono's remark about MTV not paying their electric bill when he got to the podium.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

No way!!!! Blarg.

----------------
MTV can kiss my American/Italian ass.

Good thing I taped that bad boy.

------------------
There are barn doors
And there are revolving doors

I don't care , i taped all U2 stuff from VMA2001
biggrin.gif

I figured they would edit out the original lack of power gaff that led to the ad break but to edit Bono's comments is ridiculous!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Yeah but Hews,the best part was when Bono called out the heckler in the audience,saying,"Yes ,Once again I see were back in New York here,people are never afraid to express themselves."(Iam glad this wasn't spliced.)

Quickly the heckler silenced himself,and I was thinking "that's our boy Bono always restoring order,calmly taking charge" . Friggin great.Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by Autumn454:
I didn't hear that part, what did the heckeler say? Can someone tell me?

He said "YAN-kees BASE-ball!"
smile.gif

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

i expected them to edit it. mtv is probably embarssed about their big fuck up.

here's a question: who was bono talking to when said "thank you for letting me rub up against, you too (U2?)" after his comment about different video genres. was he talking to carson? adam? the pit? i didn't get it...

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

"Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride."

Originally posted by madonna's child:
who was bono talking to when said "thank you for letting me rub up against, you too (U2?)" after his comment about different video genres. was he talking to carson? adam? the pit? i didn't get it...

I figured he was talking to the people in the egg pit.

And if MTV edited out the goof up, which makes sense, then editing out the reference to it makes a lot of sense.. otherwise people seeing it for the first time would be really confused or just figure Bono was the confused one... and we don't want that eh?

What a bunch of losers MTV's staff are!
Thank goodness I taped it, so screw them!
As to his comment about "Thanks for letting us rub against you" I kinda thought that he was referencing all the "younger" pop kids, like basically every other musician present, that were there.??

Am i deaf ore not, last night it was here
on MTV ( in Holland ) and the electric part
was not cut.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by Rono:
Am i deaf ore not, last night it was here
on MTV ( in Holland ) and the electric part
was not cut.

Yeah, they didn't cut this part here as well. So I guess this is only the MTV in US which cut it.

In the version I saw(the.. MTVeurope or nordic, I'm not sure how it's all organized) they edited out the "mess-up" but not the apology and the electric-bill coment.

And the sons of bitches voiced over Triumph the Insult Comic Dog saying that sniffing J-Lo's Butt would be "like climbing Mt. Everestt"

BASTARDS!

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.

Originally posted by LadyBonoMan:
In the version I saw(the.. MTVeurope or nordic, I'm not sure how it's all organized) they edited out the "mess-up" but not the apology and the electric-bill coment.

MTV Europe land here, i watched the repeated show today-no "mess-up" but apology and electric bill comment was there.
i wonder though what i would see if i would watch it live?

------------------
"the beat of a U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase:
And the sons of bitches voiced over Triumph the Insult Comic Dog saying that sniffing J-Lo's Butt would be "like climbing Mt. Everestt"

BASTARDS!

What did the voice-over say?!

And, MacFly2, I think they cut the Ramones thing short because of the delay with the U2 performance. They may have had the clip ready but not the time to play it live.

Still, it's upsetting to see MTV edit out the "warts" of a live broadcast.

But were they able to synchronize Britney to her song?
biggrin.gif

Mtv did one smart thing, they showed a small snippet of the Ramones history(music and some photos), after they appeared onstange with U2. So I do give props for Mtv doing that much....

Originally posted by PopFly:
He said "YAN-kees BASE-ball!"
smile.gif

Then he said, "This is New York City, isn't it?"

biggrin.gif

Nothing was cut out here in Europe county, in county Europe
biggrin.gif
LMAO We rule! Now off to VH1 and vooooooote!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Well, its the same channel that edits "hash" out of "Hashpipe", so its not too surprising!

And it is the channel that puts a warning before the show starts that it contains much flashing/strobing of lights, so that certain people may feel unwell watching it. In fact, they even scrolled this message during U2's performance of Elevation. WUSSIES!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

If you listen to the Irving Plaza show when Bono is 'introducing the band', a guy shouts out 'Yankee babseball' when Bono pauses whilst talking about Edge. Same Guy?

Originally posted by Tizer:
If you listen to the Irving Plaza show when Bono is 'introducing the band', a guy shouts out 'Yankee babseball' when Bono pauses whilst talking about Edge. Same Guy?

LMAO Crackin'!!! Yeah, he prob thought that if he says the same thing he'll be recognised. Me arse!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom