MSG 3 Review: Simply The Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawk269

Acrobat
I think a lot of people in MSG saw me last night. I was the tall dude with the light blue glowstick on the right (Edge side) of the inside of the heart. First, let me say that I should never have made it into the heart. I arrived at around 7:10 PM and managed to go right in there. I knew right then that security had screwed up GA again...I was pissed and felt bad for those that waited but did not make it inside. Those security people are jackasses.

But...since I was inside, I made the most of the experience. I was rockin' it the whole damn show. During "I Will Follow", I was pumping my arm with every beat of Adam's bass during that slow section of the song (where he normally sings, "Your eyes make a circle"). Anyway, Bono looks right at me as I am doing this with this glowstick, and goes "That was good!". I just smiled and nodded...

This show rivaled Irving Plaza as the best U2 show I have ever attended. It had it all. "Please", "What's Goin On", and "Out of Control" were highlights. But the best part of the show was having the FDNY, NYPD, and EMS people up there honoring their fallen brothers here in their home city. That was very emotional. I shook hands with a bunch of them as they walked around the heart.

I felt like so many people in the crowd saw me with that freakin glowstick...It was all coordinated by Starr (major props to her for it) and the U2 NYC Yahoo group. After the show, a bunch of us met up at Molly Wee's on 30th and 8th Avenue. What a night...great people, great music...U2 heaven is the only way to describe it.

AJ

AJ!

OK, people, I was standing next to AJ in the heart and I have to say it was totally crazy. You probably saw our little group of glowsticks in the corner....Bono did!

Anyways, what can I say about this show...there is too much to put it in to words. Out of Control at the end was totally INSANE! Bono was wearing a FSNY hat and the firefighters drapped an Irish flag and an American flag around his shoulders. I had a friend take a photo of it and it turned out totally amazing. I'll have to find it for you guys!

It was so great because after Walk On Bono just stayed on stage taking pictures with the firefighters up there and all the FDNY guys were giving the band hugs and then at the end, they took over the mic annoucing names of their friends that died and thanking NY as Grace started playing and it was just amazing.

And then there was the guy proposing and the two girls with I love NY shirts and Please! and Bono telling us the band was going to play every Monday night at the Garden and he was going to run the cresh [sp?] there which confused all us Americans until he translated it in to running the day care center. Umm...don't put your children in Bono's care! And Larry at the very end staying on stage and having a laugh with a firefighter and AHHH! It was THE BEST U2 show I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing! I wish you all could have been there.

Jenny

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

and Bono telling us the band was going to play every Monday night at the Garden and he was going to run the cresh [sp?] there which confused all us Americans until he translated it in to running the day care center.

He said the exact same thing in Chicago. Gee, you think he might say it in LA too?

Just one more thing.

Jenny!, Starr, Matt, Tim, Otto, Vysh, Yvonne, Maggie, and everyone else that I saw at MSG...

You all rock.

The fans of this band are as awesome as the band itself.

AJ

Hey guys, didn't see you...I was one of the youngest in the heart, right in the middle
smile.gif

I agree, amazing concert. Check out my pictures above. It was an amazing experience...I can't describe it. After that my cousin let me drink some of his Guiness, it was great
smile.gif

I loved the firefighters...they were in tears. Son was all of MSG. Thank you U2. You made my life!

First time heart observations:

Bono wanted to play something else when he started Kite, someone suggested One Tree Hill, then he started cracking jokes
smile.gif

Interesting, they were about to start a song, Bono said wait and ran off to the engaged couple I believe.

When Will I see you Again looked like Bono reading off something, still very awesome.

The little things, the comments, "This is for whoever has lost someone..and then he whispers "Cuz I did", before Kite.

Touching, touching, touching...emotional, tremendou show.

Back
Top Bottom