mp3 of What?s Going On London version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Thx follower!!

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Cool. Best 5 second download I've had lately.
wink.gif
Much better than the other remakes of "What's Going On," and I'm sure that's safe to say.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

So melon, you're saying that it didn't work? I can't check it righ now, cause I'm at work...weird, I'm sure it worked for a friend from a local mailing list...why don't you try it again?

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

No, I'm saying I have a 10 Mbps ethernet connection, and it took me 5 seconds to download. 380 kbps on average with this download.

This U2 site has a great connection on them!

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

GREAT!
So, now, please tell me about the song? Did you like it?

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

It's very much Brian Eno meets Bono. Little more upbeat than Passengers stuff, but definitely something worthy of that.

I like it a lot. Give it a download!

Melon

------------------

I liked it!! Chris Martin and Bono singing together... = verrryyyy niiiiiice.
wink.gif

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

thanks melon...4 hours more to get home and listen to it...bank sucks...work sucks, LOL

and btw Herbert Alvarado rules!!! I love his website. Some spanish is required though
wink.gif

------------------

Thanx... downloading...

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

Wow! that is fast! I've been looking for an mp3 of this for a long time.. thanks for the link!

Okay...more than 6 hours later finally I gave it a first listening...my verdict? NICE, REALLY NICE...Anyway, who needs the other versions?
wink.gif

------------------

Niiiiice.

I'm a big U2 fan (obviously), but I also adore Parachutes, Coldplay's debut album. And I can now say with relative certainty that Chris Martin's voice is one of the few that can compete with Bono's -- probably more so than even Michael Stipe's.

It's gonna be FUN to hear Coldplay grow up.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

I think I'm also a Coldplay fan, though this version is definately better than the one on MTV,I think U2's version from Notre Dame is one of the best covers of this song.

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

Back
Top Bottom