MP3 of New Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so,

William Orbit Mix--the original one, the "demo"
XRT Version--the U2France.com version
???--the Edge 102 version

Is this what we've worked out so far? I think all these versions are retribution for leaking Beautiful Day last time around.

typhoon said:
Okay, so,

Is this what we've worked out so far? I think all these versions are retribution for leaking Beautiful Day last time around.

LOL!!! I think you're right.

And, yeah, that's what I have as well. :)

david said:
wow the XRT version is really good. i love it. so basically through all this confusion about how many versions there are, there are only really 2 versions? the william orbit version which is the demo that was leaked the other day, and this version, XRT right?

and the people that claimed the demo wasn't rocking, this version is more rocking.

I believe your correct. 2 versions 1.) The one BBC 1 played several days back and 2.) 2FM radio & otherstations played today.

I believe the XRT is actually the call letters of the Chicago station that the audio was pulled from WXRT.

Cheers!

oh, okay. so this edge radio version is the one i haven't heard yet. i can't wait to hear that version. so far, the XRT version is my favorite, too bad this isn't going to be on the best of. i wonder why? this version is clearly more rocking.

I really don't care how many different versions of the song there are...supposedly there were 269 versions of Hawkmoon269 before settling with the version on Rattle and Hum. Thank God this forum was around when that song came out...can you imagine how many threads and positive/negative words would have be written on the subject.

Electrical Storm is such a gorgeous song...and I can care less that the song was given by Bono to a friend for her wedding. I think the guy was just excited as many of us fans are about how kick ass the song really is, and how much it shows that U2 ain't going nowhere, but forward to continue to make music that their fans can be proud of, and will keep all these other band on the highest alert of what it means to make music that never compromises on what radio, MTV, or other money making media says you should do in order to be in good graces with the masses.

From beginning to end of Electrical Storm...U2 are showing us all over again how powerful they are when the 4 of them pick up their instruments and play for the love of what they hear in their souls, it is soul music, so sit back, put down your analytical, overachieving pens, kick up your feet, play it really, really loud and let the song kick your soul.

Chris

typhoon said:
Okay, so,

I'm totally confused. I heard a different version here in NYC at 92.3 FM. It's not the demo from Radio 1, not the XRT version nor the Edge 102 version which by the way U2guatemala.com has a 50 second clip of (click noticias and you'll see this: Capturamos 50 segundos de una versi?n de ELECTRICAL STORM transmitida en la radio Edge102 diferente a la de la Radio XRT. click on the highlighted word vers?on).
The version that I heard is slower in the beginning, the intro is different, no guitar, just that xylophone sound. Can anyone from the Tri-State area back me up on this? I have it taped but don't know how to convert it into mp3 nor do I have the equipment to do so. So if anyone is able to do this and is able to hear KROCK 92.3 FM they will be giving Electrical Storm all day today at these times:
3am, 5am, 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7 pm, 9 pm, 11pm.
They gave it all day wednesday every other hour too so if anyone heard it and recorded it yesterday please clarify. :scratch:

Last edited:
First Version: Meh.

France Version: Awesome.

U.S. Version: Have yet to hear it.

makes a call

Hi Mulder....we have a situation....

btw...this could be the plot for M Night Shyamaln's new movie.

I think the BBC1 version is the demo
The XRT version is the Final ROCKING version
The Edge Radio version is the william orbit one .

On a more serious note, U2.com is to be blamed.If the single is now officially released then there should be statement confirming the format.They could say like these are the radio edits or whatever, but the real thing would be different.Whats the harm in releasing this kind of statement.Just goes to show how poorly managed this release is :down:

wooo-hoooo

Wow - the u2france.com version is totally awesome!!! It's really wonderful. I hope that's the one who is going to be released!!!

One more listen ...or two...boy, it rocks! :heart:, :laugh:

it'd be totally wrong to call the demo the william orbit version... i mean i'm kinda familiar with his work and i thoroughly doubt he produced that. The two final versions (the slower of which is probably accurately called the "william orbit remix") are both produced by him himself.

spanisheyes said:
Electrical Storm is such a gorgeous song...and I can care less that the song was given by Bono to a friend for her wedding. I think the guy was just excited as many of us fans are about how kick ass the song really is, and how much it shows that U2 ain't going nowhere, but forward to continue to make music that their fans can be proud of, and will keep all these other band on the highest alert of what it means to make music that never compromises on what radio, MTV, or other money making media says you should do in order to be in good graces with the masses.

From beginning to end of Electrical Storm...U2 are showing us all over again how powerful they are when the 4 of them pick up their instruments and play for the love of what they hear in their souls, it is soul music, so sit back, put down your analytical, overachieving pens, kick up your feet, play it really, really loud and let the song kick your soul.

Chris

Chris...I could :kiss: you. :D :angel:

:hug:

:heart:

ok i've heard three versions now. this morning xrt played the orbit mix (i'm almost positive it was although the dj didn't call it that. he just said it would be on the best of) and it was definitely different than the demo and the u2france/xrt version. it was slower. it sounded more orbit like. i liked it but not as much as the u2france one i dl'ed yesterday. the demo and the orbit mix are definitely not the same thing.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Ok. Does somebody have an mp3 of the non-u2france XRT version? I have yet to hear it. Sombody must have recorded it by now...

Yes. I am just putting it on <a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe><a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe>NewMedia</a></a> right now - quality not excellent, but especially at the beginning the difference between these 2 non-demo versions is very clear. The sound of the presumed "album-best of" (Edge102) one is softer than the presumed "single" XRT one, and at the beginning the texture is much thinner, no strumming. There is also more volume contrast between chorus/verse.

So... All three versions are now available on <a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe>NewMedia</a>. I am also going to try and upload it to Sicy's FTP next.

Last edited:
I think we have them all, the version I got from Kazaa lastnight was Electrical Storm (Album Version - Webstream).mp3 and I downloaded the U2France XRT version from Sicy and I already had the demo.

Here's the matrix:

Song

Got cut off there....

Demo - radio 1 BBC Version
U2France/XRT/whatever - single version
Webstream from most FM stations - album version

I think we have it and they're all good and unique!!

Very exciting!

Let me know if this list is not right and I think we may think different radio stations are playing different versions due to some sort of volume control editing, but I think there are only 3!

Enjoy them all!!! :wave:

Mmmmm...

Just realized the Album Version we're talking about is just a recording from the right stereo channel. Turn the balance on your mp3 player to the right, and you'll see...

So... only two versions available at the moment.

Still searching the "trippy-electronic" version.

Then, we still only have ONE official release... so it's not all that crazy...

BLAST! I thought I had this all figured out!

Rastat said:
Mmmmm...

Just realized the Album Version we're talking about is just a recording from the right stereo channel. Turn the balance on your mp3 player to the right, and you'll see...

Ok...so did the DJ's who played it know this when they played it? Or was this some evil plot by them to confuse us with a false version of the song??

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Ok...so did the DJ's who played it know this when they played it? Or was this some evil plot by them to confuse us with a false version of the song??

I'm going with evil plot.
:tongue: :D

The versions which are being called the album and single versions and beign downloaded as if they are different are actually the same! One is just mono.

Damn!

You?re right SkeeK. I hadn?t downloaded the files when I posted, and the guy who sent me the link said they were different.

And the Demo one still has that annoying Radio One in the middle.

Sorry

Back
Top Bottom