Mothers Of The Disappeared - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 01:02 PM
I think honestly U2 has a good way of finding the right song at the right time. There was a whole different mindset in the United States after 9/11...they saw it as a country in healing and yes we were a country in healing at the time. Its the only time I can remember that we were a UNITED States. As for Mothers of the Disappeared, I think that U2 chose a cause that wasn't getting as much attention at the time and brought it to the masses. I firmly believe that any mother losing her son in that fashion would DEMAND justice. I think that alot of people confuse U2 to be a giant charity demanding money and helping causes. But I see U2 as a window, opening people and directing ATTENTION not funds to these causes, so its up to the average person to decide whats to be done. From what I have heard Argentina is reinvestigating these crimes and dictators like Pinochet are being brought to justice. Concerning the Super Bowl I must say that someone very dear to me was lost on 9/11. I was still hurting in Febuary 2002 and seeing an Irishman that could just as well make a small mention and tribute to the attacks turn it into a grand spectacle really made me feel a personal connection with Bono. I thought the flag and the connection he made with the crowd is something that will never be duplicated.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:02 PM
The interesting enough is that is no flash news , that the US gov was happy to see Pinochet and others motherfuckers like him fucking South America , Hell they did bloody support them ........ CIA , All the fuck was behin them

US people who don't know this , or prefer to not know , should take other looks in the behind scenes of the govs , After all the shit doesn't stay alone in Bullet the Blue Sky , or Vietnam or Iraq

Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
The interesting enough is that is no flash news , that the US gov was happy to see Pinochet and others motherfuckers like him fucking South America , Hell they did bloody support them ........ CIA , All the fuck was behin them

US people who don't know this , or prefer to not know , should take other looks in the behind scenes of the govs , After all the shit doesn't stay alone in Bullet the Blue Sky , or Vietnam or Iraq

No one's arguing that there isn't sketchy stuff behind closed doors in the US gov't. What we are arguing is that this has nothing to do with U2 playing a song.