Most uplifting U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
For me, there is one song that lifts me up no matter what the circumstance. No matter how depressed I am, no matter how hopeless it all seems, no matter everything that's going on in my life, there is one song that makes me smile just thinking about it. I literally cannot be depressed while listening to this song.

This song is Red Light.

...okay, I lied, actually it's Where the Streets Have No Name. But close enough, eh? :wink:

In all honesty, in my opinion no song captures pure joy like Streets. It is the perfect song. I'm beginning to think it's even better than One :ohmy:

What do you think? What U2 song, if any, just makes it impossible for you to feel down?

The extended dance mix of LWTSH. I'd like to give you some page long essay about why it makes me feel so happy but I can't. It just sounds so upbeat and happy that I kinda get swept along with it I guess :shrug: :D

Ultraviolet Live

From "I remember, when we could........"etc to the end is just amazing and i find it uplifting. Best version ive heard is Dublin 28-08.

Either Streets or Beautiful Day. I remember when BD came out and the first few times I listened to it, I just felt so happy... a feeling of celebration, jubilation. Definitely lifted me up, hearing that guitar delay once again!

Also, RTSS..Streets from Zoo Sydney could make me faint, literally!!! :drool:

TheQuiet1 said:
The extended dance mix of LWTSH. I'd like to give you some page long essay about why it makes me feel so happy but I can't. It just sounds so upbeat and happy that I kinda get swept along with it I guess :shrug: :D

Oh, I agree with you. and I like Take You Down (which is very similar but I loooove the double vocals) even more!! when edge explodes with that riff...:drool:

I find it interesting that people are picking songs like Stay and Running which I always thought of as somewhat melancholy :hmm:

Beautiful Day is pretty damn good too.

Exit thru Wire said:
Ultraviolet Live

From "I remember, when we could........"etc to the end is just amazing and i find it uplifting. Best version ive heard is Dublin 28-08.

Could you post that? I agree though, Ultraviolet is my favorite song, and most uplifting U2 at that...despite some of the emotions it conveys. I don't know I'm weird :shrug:

TheQuiet1 said:

YES YES! I totally know what you mean, I was going to mention that song too :D

My other would be Walk On. The music's really uplifting, as are the lyrics. I listened to it before all my exams this summer and hey I passed ;)

Discotheque, just because no matter how sad or upset I am, it can always put me in BOOMCHA mdoe

I'm really enjoying all the Ultraviolet love going on in here :drool:

Lady with the Spinning Head is a very good choice... esp. that ecstatic point in the intro when the guitars kick in before Bono starts singing.

:heart:

inmyplace13 said:
Discotheque, just because no matter how sad or upset I am, it can always put me in BOOMCHA mdoe

discotheque :drool: the only thing about Disco is like everything else from Pop it's dipped in a layer of darkness...but that riff from Edge is sooooo badass. I could gush about Discotheque forever (it's the song that got me into U2 :wink: ).

i'm soooooo happy U2 played it...and eagerly awaiting an mp3...:hyper:

Where the Streets Have No Name and Beautiful Day are amazing while listening to them on your walkman er... ipod while walking along the beach. Especially on a bright sunny day in the winter. The intro inot Streets just makes you feel like you're about to embark on the most important moment of your live and that anything is possible while in beautiful Day just the way Bono sings "It's a beautiful day" is perfect and the last verse with China and the leaf in a birds mouth and the tuna fish just seems to take you away to so many different images. I love'em both.

Last edited:
Trip Through Your Wires

Maybe an odd choice, but it is literally impossible for me not to smile when I listen to that song. Others that brighten my day are Beautiful Day (for obvious reasons), Lemon (try singing along in a falsetto when you're in a bad mood -- it doesn't work), and City of Blinding Lights (because I love it so much.)

Zootlesque said:
Lady with the Spinning Head is a very good choice... esp. that ecstatic point in the intro when the guitars kick in before Bono starts singing.

:heart:

Totally with you on that! It really cheers me up and makes me smile. On the extended mix there's also a bit in the middle that is amazing, I haven't got it on right now so I can't remember exactly, but it sort of changes and it's fab. Lol, sorry for my rubbish description.

Oh yes! City Of Blinding Lights is most definitely uplifting.. esp. the guitar lead-up to the chorus!

chickadee said:

Totally with you on that! It really cheers me up and makes me smile. On the extended mix there's also a bit in the middle that is amazing, I haven't got it on right now so I can't remember exactly, but it sort of changes and it's fab. Lol, sorry for my rubbish description.

It's okay. I think I know which part you're talking about. :wink:

And there's one part after the 2nd chorus I think where it sounds almost exactly like the equivalent part in the Fly.

Zootlesque said:

It's okay. I think I know which part you're talking about. :wink:

And there's one part after the 2nd chorus I think where it sounds almost exactly like the equivalent part in the Fly.

Lol I'm amazed you do ;) It's like, the bit where it kind of builds up. Gah I need to re-listen!

Oh yeah, I love the Fly bit! Cause The Fly's one of my all-time faves. :D

Vertigo also uplifts me. Stick it on when it's a crap day and jump about singing 'hola!' like Edge and you feel better ;)

when I'm outdoors and feel cruddy, then definitely WTSHNN or BD.
but if I'm indoors, I somehow find Bad or With or Without You to be uplifting.

my mood is very strange :|

I've a few:

Gloria - that anthemic ending is just perfect!
Drowning Man - so perfectly beautiful and very uplifting
Bass Trap - an odd choice, yes, but it's such a gorgeous instrumental and it always puts me in a happy, cheerful mood.
Heartland - just like Drowning Man in its beauty.
Walk On - I think this song is probably the most uplifting. I seem to be one of the few fans of the album version.
City Of Blinding Lights - what DOESN'T this song have? Classic.
Yahweh - another for the Drowning Man/Heartland category.

Pride - I don't care how overplayed it is. Every time I hear that guitar and those soaring vocals I'm in heaven.

Streets - Why? Duh!

In a Little While - It never fails to make me smile and feel all warm and happy inside.

Walk On :drool:
But that's my answer to pretty much everything. :wink:

Others good ones Beautiful Day, Zooropa, Some Days Are Better Than Others, in fact, most of Zooropa (the album) and ATYCLB puts me in a good mood.

Streets is an obvious one, but others that are really uplifting are UltraViolet and Bad [Live version obviously]. UV is an uplifting song by itself, but when Bono puts that much passion into Bad when he's singing - it's just amazing.

Streets, Pride, Ultraviolet, Gloria, Yahweh, Beautiful Day, Walk On, COBL, Babyface, Angel of Harlem.

Those songs always do something good for me.

hmmm beautiful day is an amazingly uplifting song... :)

and of course how can you be sad if ur singing BOOMCHAS? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom