Most uplifting U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My top happy U2 song is Pride, live - the bit on Rattle and Hum where the crowd realizes what song is starting and roars in response right as the guitar really picks up never fails to make me grin. COBL is a close second, just for being so ecstatic (and longing, too, with the guitar in the live versions).

Discothèque and Zooropa, definitely.
But only if I sing along, not that that's a problem, I sing along to every song I hear. But it would be a problem to anyone within a 5-mile radius.

Frogs voice. > Mine.
Volume of a jet airplane. < Mine.

Oh, where do I begin? I'm going to be quoting a lot of people here.

First of all, I have to say just about all of All That You Can't Leave Behind. It is close to my favourite album (and I think it actually might be my favourite). It is just such a beautiful, uplifiting album.

Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out of, Walk On, KITE, Wild Honey, When I Look At The World, New York.

But any CD with Beautiful Day, Walk On and Kite on it are going to get my in a good mood.

U2 Go Home: Live at Slane Castle. The intro for Streets sent shivers up my spine. Literally.

Where The Streets Have No Name. City of Blinding Lights. Yahweh. The Electric Co, '40'. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, Until the End of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Mysterious Ways, Ultra Violet (Light My Way),(although Achtung Baby has a bit of a dark feeling haning over it), Another Day, Pride (In The Name of Love), Mercy, Bad, Summer Rain, the list is endless.

But what about one of U2's most uplifting songs that we've all forgotten about - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World! The happiest song on Achtung Baby.

Axver said:
Walk On - I think this song is probably the most uplifting. I seem to be one of the few fans of the album version.
City Of Blinding Lights - what DOESN'T this song have? Classic.

I haven't heard another version of Walk On. And uh, prefect description of City of Blinding Lights. This forum makes me angry when people say that the last two albums are U2-by-the-numbers, I don't care. It is not, they are terrific songs.

Zootlesque said:
Oh yes! City Of Blinding Lights is most definitely uplifting.. esp. the guitar lead-up to the chorus!

miss becky said:
Trip Through Your Wires

Maybe an odd choice, but it is literally impossible for me not to smile when I listen to that song. Others that brighten my day are Beautiful Day (for obvious reasons), Lemon (try singing along in a falsetto when you're in a bad mood -- it doesn't work), and City of Blinding Lights (because I love it so much.)

That's three refernces to COBL! Spot on everyone!

AtomicBono said:
In all honesty, in my opinion no song captures pure joy like Streets. It is the perfect song. I'm beginning to think it's even better than One :ohmy:

What do you think? What U2 song, if any, just makes it impossible for you to feel down?

Took you long enough! :D :wink:

I think the U2 song that is impossible to make anyone feel down is definitely Walk On. I'm listening to it right now. I can feel a tiny bit of tears.

While posting in this thread, it has made me feel like I'm floating. Well, almost anyway.

In conclusion, All That You Can't Leave Behind is one of my faovurite things on earth because it is so damn uplifting. Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, I know I've mentioned it three times, but this album could make me cry. I almost have tears right now as Walk On has turned into Kite.

I'd like everyone to know that we spread my grandfather's ashes yesterday, and I made a speech, where I read out the lyrics to the chorus from Kite, and told everyone that Kite was the first song I listened to when he passed away. I dedicated it to him.

Thank you, U2.

Last edited:
gherman said:
May be people will start to appreciate ATYCLB a little more now ??

2 Words: Walk On

In my top 5 U2 songs of all time if not my top 3. Not to mention, Kite and When I Look At the World. And then Beautiful Day which I love waking up to in the morning.

Appreciate it?

You got that right bud. :up:

The Three Sunrises - "Spirit of the rising sun lift me up...." and such an uplifting chorus!

Things To Make And Do - I can't explain it. The guitar is "happy."

Where The Streets Have No Name

Beautiful Day

Jesus Christ - not my favourite song, but they all just sound like they're having such fun with the "hallelujah" part and that makes me have fun.

Original Of The Species - "You are the first one of your kind" and the "do-do-do" part.

beautiful day... its just so crazy good and so POW! it comes out of nowhere the smacks you in the face:drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: STREETS :drool: :drool: :drool:

it's so uplifting... glorious, emotional, magnificent, beautiful, moving, stunning, inspiring... i could go on and on about streets. it's the song that got me into U2. When i listen to it, nothing else matters. I get so wrapped up in the song that i can forget everything.

right behind streets: COBL, beautiful day, staring at the sun, yahweh

Two more votes for Yahweh and UltraViolet and The Fly from the Boston Elevation DVD. I love the intro: (which sounds to me like )"You can have it all". Oh WOW! When I feel like I'm crawling uphill, those songs kinda make the journey smoother.

Back
Top Bottom