Most Overrated Song Survivor: HTDAAB // Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song is LEAST Overrated?

• Vertigo

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Miracle Drug

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Love and Peace or Else

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • All Because of You

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • A Man and A Woman

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Original of The Species

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Fast Cars

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thelaj

Refugee
Most Overrated Song Survivor: Round 2
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
----------------------------------------------------

Please vote for the LEAST OVERRATED song.

So basically you are voting for the song you think is MOST UNDERRATED.

This Poll will Run for 1 Day

How to Play
Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all songs from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the least overrated (ie, you vote for the most underrated). The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the most overrated song from that album.
If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome. Thanks to Axver for this text

Previous Winners on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Round 1: One Step Closer

Last edited:
So you think OSC is overrated?
I voted for AMAAW again myself...I think its a good little song that would have been nice to play live a few times. Oh well.

"So basically you are voting for the song you think is MOST UNDERRATED." Thanks for that, I thought we were voting for least overrated songs.

In that case, I vote for A man and a woman.

Argh, I do mean "Least Overrated" but some people said that was confusing, and "Most Underrated" is as close to the inverse as I could think.

I didn't think it was that confusing, but I guess it is....

The idea is you vote for the song which you think is LEAST Overrated, ie, the song which isn't overrated by people.
When we get to the last round, that should result in there being one song which is THE MOST OVERRATED, since all the other LESS OVERRATED songs have been eliminated.

If anyone can think of better wording, I am open to suggestions!

thelaj said:
So you think OSC is overrated?
I voted for AMAAW again myself...I think its a good little song that would have been nice to play live a few times. Oh well.

Ok... this is confusing... But I guess I understand now. I think OSC is underrated so it's ok that it's gone;)

So do you mean underrated on this forum? or underrated in general. Cos then it would have to be Fast Cars. That's what I voted for last round.

Remember, kids, that we're voting for the LEAST overrated song every round. That said, you can't vote for "A Man and a Woman," since four or five sickos claim to like it. That means that it's the MOST overrated, because the only correct response to the song is dizzying nausea or, in some grave instances, instant paralysis or death.

It's a doozy. Don't vote for it. Even hated, it's the most overrated U2 song ever. The mere fact that it exists proves that it's overrated like a motherfucker.

Holla.

The OOTS said:
By underrated...we a naturally voting for the worst song???

AMAAW then

No...

The goal is to get the most overrated song from each album. So, you guys just have to vote off those who don't fit... the most underrated or least overrated, as you want

underrated does not mean bad or worst

OK, explanation time again.
We are voting for the least overrated song. What makes a song 'least overrated'? That can be achieved by two things:
1. Almost no one talks about the song
2. Almost everybody hates it

As Crumbs meets to 1., no one talks about it, it's least underrated for me.

*votes Crumbs*

WalkOn21 said:

I agree! I voted Crumbs too.

And as we speak(type? :wink: ), people are voting off the least preferred songs off instead of the least overrated First OSC, now AMAAW. :yawn:

VertigoGal said:
dammit I voted for Miracle Drug cos I think it's the most overrated. I've never been good at reading directions. :tsk:

anyway I really sort of hate Miracle Drug so next time I'll follow instructions...

:|

WalkOn21 said:
OK, explanation time again.
We are voting for the least overrated song. What makes a song 'least overrated'? That can be achieved by two things:
1. Almost no one talks about the song
2. Almost everybody hates it

*votes Crumbs*

Good point :up:

That's why I voted for Yahweh... few people talk about the song... and most of them hate or bash it :| I really like the album version, my 5th favourite song on the album

Zootlesque said:

I agree! I voted Crumbs too.

And as we speak(type? :wink: ), people are voting off the least preferred songs off instead of the least overrated First OSC, now AMAAW. :yawn:

I love OSC, and I voted for it last round because it's not even rated! Hard for it to be over-rated.

This round, AMAAW. I like it, and I see it mentioned less than OSC when people say what they want cut from HTDAAB, but it's still hardly rated at all.

Next round, I'll probably go for ABOY. It's been slagged off a whole lot and isn't exactly rated well. Definitely not the most over-rated song or even over-rated!

Axver said:

I love OSC, and I voted for it last round because it's not even rated! Hard for it to be over-rated.

This round, AMAAW. I like it, and I see it mentioned less than OSC when people say what they want cut from HTDAAB, but it's still hardly rated at all.

:up:

A Man and A Woman is completely underrated here, along with One Step Closer. Both are brilliant songs that hardly ever get talked about on here except when people are discussing how BORING or AWFUL they are. It's ridiculous. They're both fantastic songs, in my opinion.

Then again, I have been on somewhat of a HTDAAB kick as of late, so my views of the songs may be somewhat elevated compared to how I would normally view them.

I love all of them so much right now, though. :drool:

I'm convinced One Step Closer is the third best song on HTDAAB and I really don't understand why it's hated. Even when I'm tired of modern U2, it's one of the four HTDAAB songs I can always enjoy (the other three being LAPOE, COBL, and Crumbs).

Back
Top Bottom