Most obscure u2 related tv prog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Was sitting twiddling my thumbs trying to think of a good u2 related question. ANd i sometimes think maybe my questions are pish. However, the other side of that coin is that ppl are free not to answer if they wish.
Anyhoo....I remember several years ago, i was watching a schools tv music program on uk tv. And who appears on this self same show??.......why, it was only the guy who played the radd strings on One tree Hill. And he proceeded to play and talk about his weapon of choice and his involvement wi u2. Bet ya all sleep better tonight knowin that!
Anyone else got a wee story?

That's pretty obscure. That sounds like it would be hard to top. The closest thing I can think of is an episode of this very low-rated TV show in American titled "Our House" which aired for a year or two in the late 1980s. I only watched one episode of this show before it got canceled. Anyway, there was this scene where these two teen-age girls were looking at the 1987 Rolling Stone issue with Bono on the cover and they were all :drool: I thought it was hilarious because I had that very same issue of RS on my coffee table at the time.

(Although not obscure) The Simpsons episode was cool.

Attachments

• 4284ba3850963_big.jpg
    4284ba3850963_big.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
The best ever obscure U2 thing on TV was an MTV competition where you had to direct a u2 video at home, send it in and if yors was the best then you would get to go on stage and film U2 live during EBTTRT.
The winners were a Polish guy and, as he called him "My crazy uncle, the wildest guy in our town!"
They were very nice guys but so funny, there video for the fly was a crappy copy of the original, so the competition must have been dire. Anyway, the programme starts with the edge filming and interviewing this polish guy. Edge is wearing his ZooTv costume, beeny hat, sequined trousers and waistcoat etc. He is talking to a third person, as yet unrevealed, then the camera pans around and slowly unveils the "crazy uncle". He is dreased as the edge, but in a scary way, its like he went to a jumble sale and covered himself in denim, sequins and beeny hats!! HE looked like a stalker, the edge looked terrified at one point.
We learnt during the interview that the guys had a problem with their visas to get to the concert and were arrested by the italian police. Nice work looking after them Mtv........!
Anyway they escaped by hiding in a florist until MTV arrived to save them!
They were great guys and their love for U2 matched even my own, the uncle took it to a whole other level!!!!!
Then finally you see them go onstage....the poor guy is really nervous and bumps into the edge during the EBTTRT solo and knocks edge's solo out of key, synch, etc and basically fucks up the filming.
At the end Bono makes him come to the front of the stage just to tell him.."you're fired....!" which was pretty cruel if you ask me!!
Anyway, just thought id share that with you.

Bono's shades said:
That's pretty obscure. That sounds like it would be hard to top. The closest thing I can think of is an episode of this very low-rated TV show in American titled "Our House" which aired for a year or two in the late 1980s. I only watched one episode of this show before it got canceled. Anyway, there was this scene where these two teen-age girls were looking at the 1987 Rolling Stone issue with Bono on the cover and they were all :drool: I thought it was hilarious because I had that very same issue of RS on my coffee table at the time.

Picture of that cover was on my door!

An Cat Gav said:
The best ever obscure U2 thing on TV was an MTV competition where you had to direct a u2 video at home, send it in and if yors was the best then you would get to go on stage and film U2 live during EBTTRT.
The winners were a Polish guy and, as he called him "My crazy uncle, the wildest guy in our town!"
They were very nice guys but so funny, there video for the fly was a crappy copy of the original, so the competition must have been dire. Anyway, the programme starts with the edge filming and interviewing this polish guy. Edge is wearing his ZooTv costume, beeny hat, sequined trousers and waistcoat etc. He is talking to a third person, as yet unrevealed, then the camera pans around and slowly unveils the "crazy uncle". He is dreased as the edge, but in a scary way, its like he went to a jumble sale and covered himself in denim, sequins and beeny hats!! HE looked like a stalker, the edge looked terrified at one point.
We learnt during the interview that the guys had a problem with their visas to get to the concert and were arrested by the italian police. Nice work looking after them Mtv........!
Anyway they escaped by hiding in a florist until MTV arrived to save them!
They were great guys and their love for U2 matched even my own, the uncle took it to a whole other level!!!!!
Then finally you see them go onstage....the poor guy is really nervous and bumps into the edge during the EBTTRT solo and knocks edge's solo out of key, synch, etc and basically fucks up the filming.
At the end Bono makes him come to the front of the stage just to tell him.."you're fired....!" which was pretty cruel if you ask me!!
Anyway, just thought id share that with you.

I saw this years ago! Your right, it was f#cked up! I remember Bono saying that the winners had to hide in a florist from the police! Crazy stalker uncle....scarey.......

I was watching curb your enthusiasm the other day and Larry mentioned something about being invited to a U2 gig, which made me laugh. And he couldnt pronounce Bono, and said 'bone-oh.' Random and obscure!

i saw this in some show, dont know wish one, i was channel surfing and stoped, then someone out of the blue said "you look very bono", and the guy answered "why because i have glasses" and the girl said "yeah", i tought it was really randonm

I didn't see it but somebody said Animal Planet showed something with one of the guys giving meat off Paul McG's plate to one of their dogs, but the dog didn't eat it so they asked if he wanted it back. Or something like that... I have no idea.

There was a actually U2-related segment on an Animal Planet show about different dog breeds. From some stop on the Elevation tour. Someone had a French Bulldog, and Adam (who was sitting next to Paul McG) asked if the dog likes beef, she said yes. Adam reached over Paul's plate, took a piece of steak, and gave it to the dog, but the dog dropped it. Adam then ask Paul if he would like it back.

:laugh:

I remember in the opening credits of Family Matters (during some seasons), the grandma was reading an issue of Rolling Stone with U2 on the cover.

Back
Top Bottom