Most Moving u2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Which U2 song has the biggest impact on you emotionally? For me, i would have to say it is Kite. It does something to me that makes me sad, but in a nice way. It is loaded with emotion, especially live, and is the u2 song I really get.
What song, if any, does this to you?
As usual for me, I would like it kept to one song if possible. I mean, One Tree Hill has a simmilar affect on me, but Kite just edges it (no pun intended!)

Great question! Very difficult to narrow down to just 1 song.
Emotions run deep for me with their music. Maybe I will be the 1st to list more than 1, can't help it.

Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
First Time
WOWY
Walk on
Kite
If God Will Send His Angels
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Trip Through Your Wires
When I Look at the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

SORRY-I couldn't list just one.:drool:

Last edited:
There's more than one contender for this title: Kite, Please, All I Want Is You, WOWY, One Tree Hill. U2 are a very emotional band.
But for me it has to be Bad, Bono's soaring vocals of defiance never fail to touch me, its the one song by any artist, anytime, that I come back to again and again.

gman said:
Which U2 song has the biggest impact on you emotionally? For me, i would have to say it is Kite. It does something to me that makes me sad, but in a nice way. It is loaded with emotion, especially live, and is the u2 song I really get.
What song, if any, does this to you?
As usual for me, I would like it kept to one song if possible. I mean, One Tree Hill has a simmilar affect on me, but Kite just edges it (no pun intended!)

Hmm, hard to pin it down to one really. Tomorrow is up there, Bad(live), One Tree Hill, Miss Sarajevo, Love is Blindness. However I will have to agree with my other esteemed Interferers and say One Tree Hill. Kite doesn't come close for me I'm afraid Gman.

Walk On (the version will the Hallejuahs at the end)
Bad (I like the build up to the end)
The live version of Sunday, Bloody Sunday that the Edge sings, I think that's live from Sarejvo

It has to be "Love is Blindness" for me. It is touching because it's about person committing suicide.. "squeeze the handle" (of gun) .. "blow out the candle" (bang you're dead)... "love is blindness".

It is sad that love can hurt some persons so badly, but that's the way it is in real life too.

flameandthefire said:
It has to be "Love is Blindness" for me. It is touching because it's about person committing suicide.. "squeeze the handle" (of gun) .. "blow out the candle" (bang you're dead)... "love is blindness".

It is sad that love can hurt some persons so badly, but that's the way it is in real life too.

Well put.
Love is Blindness is utterly brilliant.

One studio version.

sometimes live because i dont have a relationship with my father and i feel like i can relate to bono.

Being from South America, Mother´s of the Disappeared is the most moving U2 song for me. I´m surprised nobody mentioned that one.

MT

Ultraviolet. Sometimes it makes me feel really good inside, with the little sing-songy 'light my way' coda, but most of the time it just depresses the shite out of me. In a good way. :up:

Back
Top Bottom