Most Moving u2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Running To Stand Still , So Cruel and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own .
Sometimes , is just so personal it makes me cry .

The Sad Punk said:
I'm glad seeing that One Tree Hill is getting a lot of the votes.

And One rather few.
Well shoot me, but I used to think of One as my favourite U2 song - if not my favourite song ever - for years. Especially certain live versions. Doesn't mean that I don't like it any more, maybe I have just heard it too often (haven't we all?) ... it's still a touching song for me.

But having to answer this question, I would probably name other U2 songs. I just cannot decide and narrow it down to only one, that's hard. I guess it also depends on my mood. I find most songs particularly moving live, like Kite, Running To Stand Still, Miss Sarajevo and 40. One Tree Hill would be in my selection as well. Personally, I am very touched (sometimes too much) by Tomorrow and Sometimes, just because these songs relate to my personal family history.

The Sad Punk said:
I'm glad seeing that One Tree Hill is getting a lot of the votes.

And One rather few.

Aaand you win another thread. :up:

I agree with many already posted, so rather than write my 15 song list out, here's the one that I don't think has been mentioned and that makes my list:

Acrobat

... the last in the setlists. Because then, everybody has to move out of the arena or stadium – and to go home!

One Tree Hill
ja1.gif

...now a bit more seriously. Though the now obviously very popular "One Tree Hill" is one of the, or maybe The personal U2 favourite of mine, I have to vote for anothr tune. Apart from gigs in New Zealand – where "One Tree Hill" was and aways will be THE tune of the set – normally it is "Where The Streets Have No Name".
Specially, when I have forgotten about the mostly not that intense performance in 2005 – just listen to the studio version in your car, while driving (carefully, ey!). Or remember the red back drops, the rousing guitar intro, the crowd being ecastatic giving it all, then the lights, everybody jumping up – and U2 having won the night. How I miss the good old days ...

socceroo said:
With or Without You - cliched choice? I don't care.

No I agree actually. The outro is possibly the most beautiful guitar I have ever heard. :heart:

And you're an Aussie? Come hang out in the AFL thread. Aussies rock bro

There are so many U2 songs that move me... Bad is probably the song that moves me the most... But also Mothers of the Disappeared, One Tree Hill, RTSS, Streets, SBS...

Kite, last year in Melbourne, had me in tears both nights...

But lately it's been Tomorrow... just the desperation in Bono's voice and lyric brings me back to that place of what it first feels like when you know you can never ever speak to somebody that you have loved, and watched die, ever again. You just want them to be back tomorrow... just to talk... to hold their hand...to hear their voice... and then you want to follow them... but you don't...

And then, of course, there's Walk On...

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
And for a second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Oh, oh
Walk on, walk on
What you got, they can't steal it
No, they can't even feel it
Walk on, walk on
Stay safe tonight

You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been
A place that has to be believed, to be seen
You could have flown away
A singing bird in an open cage
Who will only fly, only fly, for freedom

Oh, oh
Walk on, walk on
What you got, they can't deny it
Can't sell it, or buy it
Walk on, walk on
You stay safe tonight

And I know it aches
How your heart, it breaks
You can only take so much

Walk on...
Walk on...

Last edited:
Please and Bad are the top two for me.

Other good ones are Kite, Running to Stand Still, Tomorrow, Where the Streets Have No Name (live), With or Without You, and All I Want Is You.

Back
Top Bottom