Most influential rock band for the coming decade? Vote!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lockandload

Babyface
At the minute, believe it or not Iron Maiden are winning, Guns N' Roses are second and u2 are a sorry 5th!!! Come on, less influential in the next decade than Guns N' Roses? Guns N' Roses haven't even released a studio album of new songs since 1991.

Lets vote and get u2 up the list where they belong! Click here to vote!

GnR are pretty influential tho.

Maiden are a Metal band and shouldnt even be in this poll!?

I shall be placing my vote for U2 - just to show my loyalty!:wink:

Id've thought that GnR were probably more influential than U2 really....There's so many Hard rock/Metal acts I could name that would state Appetite For Destruction as THE album that got them into a band.

Mind you...I suppose there's a lot of artists who would maybe say that about The Joshua Tree...:eyebrow:

this is about whose the modern day RnR saviour, and to me its U2, after ATYCLB we saw a rash of rock and roll bands getting exposure (Coldplay, Evanescence, etc)

Darkness yeah right.

Metallica is metal so what's it doing in this poll?

Guns n roses - should make some music again first.

Velvet revolver - too new IMO to tell.

The Strokes - were hip a few years ago, but are just one of those "the" bands hype.

The White Stripes - see the Strokes.

Iron Maiden - another metal band isn't it?

Green Day - punksters. I suppose they influenced the bunch of neo-punks like Sum 41, Good Charlotte etc...

hehe

whats wrong with the darkness( hehe i know alot of people hate them) they are a fun band!

they are putting fun back in rockNroll. they just remind me of the good old 80s metal bands:drool:

Last edited:
Well, more power to those who like them, but it bothers me that they are SO rehashing EVERY and ALL rock cliche: from the sound of guitars, the long hair, the glitzy clothes, the videos.
Queen copycats IMO.

Well, you cannot really call Guns N'Roses that influential after they released, what, like 3 albums? (including one that was an extended EP). It seems that they were soooo creative that they could not get along with each other... it seems that Axl Rose spent all the money he made in cosmetic surgeries. :yes:

U2girl said:
Well, more power to those who like them, but it bothers me that they are SO rehashing EVERY and ALL rock cliche: from the sound of guitars, the long hair, the glitzy clothes, the videos.
Queen copycats IMO.
You know they might be doing that on purpose. And I like it :wink:

Their debut album is quite a solid listen, moreso than you might think.

shaun vox said:
nooooooooooooo trust me the darkness are not like poison!!!

have you seen poison they are in drag 24/7
Sure you're not thinkin' of Twisted Sister. We're not gonna take it!!!!

I cant name a new artist that has the future ability to sell out a stadium in the past couple years. the emphasis now is to put out a couple catchy singles, make the teenagers go goo goo then move onto a new band a couple months later. there isnt the loyal fan following for new bands like there was. its a real shame.

ok so that poll doesn't really tell us anything about what we're voting for.....
if we're looking for the band that's saving rocknroll, I'd have a hard time choosing between U2 and Radiohead. those bands are like polar opposities (and thom yorke is like the anti-Bono), but both have at one point or another thrown rocknroll on its arse. ....but that crazy website didn't even list Radiohead as a choice.

Back
Top Bottom