Most impressive tour lighting and stage set up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1979-03-01-Trinity-College-Dublin.jpg

this tour! the stage was set up to look like a college!

Chizip said:
ive never seen the spotlights used during popmart like that. it looks like the beginning of streets, that must have been fucking amazing.

They used the lights at the start of Hold me Thrill Me as well

It was supposed to be like the spotlights used to call batman.

and they had a big batman / macphisto logo up on the screen.

Ellay said:

They used the lights at the start of Hold me Thrill Me as well

It was supposed to be like the spotlights used to call batman.

and they had a big batman / macphisto logo up on the screen.

:drool:

why didnt we see this on the video??

Chizip said:

:drool:

why didnt we see this on the video??

I think it's simply down to the way the video's edited.

I remember at Wembley, the sirens at the very beginning of the song went on for ages.

They turned all the stadium lights off and just had the spotlights on, the sirens started and then the batman logo came up on the screen.

Then they had much of the HMTMKMKM video on the screen as the song played, with the andy warhol POP MARTYRS at the end (which you can see on the mexico video)

Perhaps it just didn't look very good on tape.

Ellay said:

Then they had much of the HMTMKMKM video on the screen as the song played, with the andy warhol POP MARTYRS at the end (which you can see on the mexico video)

Perhaps it just didn't look very good on tape.

Actually I seem to remember hearing that the Pop Martyrs video got longer (that is, happened during more of the song) as the tour went on. Which may explain why you don't see Batman/Macphisto in the Mexico City vid..I still actually haven't seen Popmart Mexico City.

T

tommycharles said:

Actually I seem to remember hearing that the Pop Martyrs video got longer (that is, happened during more of the song) as the tour went on. Which may explain why you don't see Batman/Macphisto in the Mexico City vid..I still actually haven't seen Popmart Mexico City.

T
Do yourself a favor and watch it tonight.....buy it at best buy or something like that, buy some POPcorn....try not to joygasm too much at the sheer awesomeness of all that is Popmart

Wish I could have seen the Popmart with the sirens and lights....that sounds exciting and cool.....I love the feeling when Arcade Fire's Wake up is playing and you know the lights go down at EVERY ONE EVERY ONE just before the band comes out and the confetti falls during COBL tho.....that in the dark anticipation at a live show is like no other feeling in the world! Incredifantastico!

Chizip said:

holy crap this picture is awesome :drool:

the problem with the vertigo tour is when the curtains aren't being used, which is like 80% of the time, it looks exactly like the elevation tour. plus, i dont thinkt he curtains are thaaaat impressive looking.

so i'd go with popmart, then zootv

in KANSAS CITY those lights were used during BULLET THE BLUE SKY...

and the local police got over 150 calls about UFOs.
THat is not a joke. It was on the news that night.

U2 show promps UFO scare.

Ah, Kansas.

Dude...Popmart + those lights = the best

And lets not lump "vertigo" together. Indoor and Outdoor is virtually a different tour (visually anyway).

1. Popmart
2. ZOO TV
3. Vertigo Outdoor
4. Vertigo Indoor
5. Elevation
6. Pre Zoo Tours

HOLY CRAP!!! Those PopMart pictures are amazing!!! I would have to go with PopMART that set up is just :rockon: ....

I do love the light curtains on the Vertigo Tour though...They looked amazing....Technologically speaking that part of Vertigo was amazing I mean LED :drool: its like a little TV in each bulb!

Back
Top Bottom