Most commonly played U2 songs on your radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
This is the opposite of the obscure thread. Which songs do you hear most frequently played on your radio stations, OTHER THAN THE MOST CURRENT HITS? So don't count anything from ATYCLB or Electrical Storm.

The top 10 most freqently played ones I hear are:

SBS
NYD
WOWY
Streets
ISHFWILF
One
MW
Pride
WGRYWH
Angel of Harlem

It seems like the DJs can never let a U2 song play without adding "that was the fabulous U2" or bragging on them in some way, or telling some recent U2 or Bono news, or reliving a memory or telling how great the Elevation tour was. These people are so U2 gushing they seem almost paid off, but I know they aren't. They are just like us, they know how great the band is and want to spread the word and 'testify!' This band has a lot of love and devotion and evokes strong feelings in a lot of people. That is something very special few bands, and no other currently active ones, have, at least from my experience.

Crikey, this is what you get for not reading the first post.

Anyway, it makes my job very easy.

I have never heard a U2 song pre-ATCYLB on the radio.

Last edited:
ISHFWILF
WTSHNN
MW
WOWY

are frequently played on my radio station(not accounting for ATYCLB and anything newer)

Rarely played on my station

AOH
DESIRE
ST

thats it for anything U2 that I have heard on my radio station!!!!

I don't recall hearing "With Or Without You" on any radio stations in my area.

But I have heard these:

On the classic rock station-

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (also heard on the light rock station)
"Desire"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"New Year's Day"
"I Will Follow"
"Where The Streets Have No Name"
"Staring At The Sun"
"Angel Of Harlem"
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"

On the adult contemporary station-

"The Sweetest Thing"
"When The Stars Go Blue"

On the top 40 station:

"Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" (only because my dad worked there and I requested that song constantly last December, LOL)

And that's pretty much it, not counting anything from ATYCLB or "Electrical Storm".

Angela

Last edited:
The local classic rock station plays New Year's Day.

The station that advertises itself as "the best of the '80s, '90s and today," plays With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride (Rattle and Hum version), One and Mysterious Ways. That's not a really big U2 playlist, but I've heard the DJs praise U2 before or after playing their songs several times and they NEVER do that for any other artist.

the woman who hosts the morning radio show I like says that "The Sweetest Thing" is her all -time favourite song. She plays it quite often.
Honorable mentions would go to ISHFWILF and Pride.

The big Joshua Tree singles:

With or Without You
Streets
Still Havent Found

I think the reason why I never am in the mood to listen to Joshua Tree is that I hear those 3 songs so often.

On the decent rock channels...

1. With or without you
2. Still haven't found what i'm looking for
3. Streets have no name
4. Beautiful Day
5. Angel of Harlem

Joshua tree rocks.. my fav album (apart from best of 1990-2000)

WOWY
Streets
Still Haven't Found
SBS
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day

And my local DJ's stopped gushing when a little tour called PopMart came around. Most of them haven't come up with something nice to say ever since.

Schmeg said:

And my local DJ's stopped gushing when a little tour called PopMart came around. Most of them haven't come up with something nice to say ever since.

So did mine, but they started right back up as soon as ATYCLB came out and Elevation kicked in. If ever they were scorned, they were forgiven. Now, they gush more than ever, and all the time. It's like Bono's shades said about hers, they don't do that for any other artist. At least not the ones I hear. Now they have to say how great U2 are after every song. One guy said, he didn't think U2 could get any bigger or better after the JT tour, until he saw Elevation! He bragged on U2 over and over and said their live shows were special and if you ever get a chance to go it's an awesome experience!

U2Kitten said:

So did mine, but they started right back up as soon as ATYCLB came out and Elevation kicked in. If ever they were scorned, they were forgiven. Now, they gush more than ever, and all the time. It's like Bono's shades said about hers, they don't do that for any other artist. At least not the ones I hear. Now they have to say how great U2 are after every song. One guy said, he didn't think U2 could get any bigger or better after the JT tour, until he saw Elevation! He bragged on U2 over and over and said their live shows were special and if you ever get a chance to go it's an awesome experience!

Geez...

Here in my town, U2's barely acknowledged by DJs-only time they mention their name is if they're annoucing that they'll be played at some point in the next hour or so.

U2 doesn't get much recognition here in my town-I can't find many people out there who listen to them regularly. :(.

One of the pitfalls of living in a small town.

Angela

yertle-the-turtle said:
Crikey, this is what you get for not reading the first post.

Anyway, it makes my job very easy.

I have never heard a U2 song pre-ATCYLB on the radio.

Damn, where do u live?
Number one would be ISHFWILF and WOWY a distant second.
It would've been nice to have heard ISHFWILF during Elevation Tour but I guess it takes alot of energy to sing that song.

Hmm. The station i listen to prides itself on the U2 it plays, even has a special U2@2 (oclock) special every afternoon where someone requests a U2 song to play. But heres all the ones they've played and i've heard in more or less order of how often they play them.

Beautiful Day
WTSHNN
WOWY
Pride
ISHFWILF
SBS
MW
One
New Years Day
Stuck in a moment (acoustic too)
sweetest thing
desire