Most annoying U2 thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
To me at times, i find Bono can spoil songs live by straying fro how the song was done. Am all for changing words here and there but sometimes (for me) when he changes how he sings a bit, it can be detrimental to the song.

Bono , lol.

I like him but it annoys me when i see him in the paper due to his politics than his music.

-Long wait between albums.
-Joshua Tree A-Side being played live for the past 15 years
-U2 forgetting about Pop

Great songs destroyed on the album by horrible mixing.

:sad:

Only to become sweet live songs or single versions.

(I don't get why they don't do a Radiohead-esque tour before they put the album together, just to work out songs.)

Salome said:
some of their fans

:yes: the 'i only like the older, unheard of u2 songs. any u2 song that was a success, i hate' sort of fans.

Bonos recent lyrics are SO annoying. When he applies himself, he writes great lyrics. Lately, its as though hes just phoning them in. (freedom has a scent - like the top of a newborn babys head) ???!!

LyricalDrug said:
Bonos recent lyrics are SO annoying. When he applies himself, he writes great lyrics. Lately, its as though hes just phoning them in. (freedom has a scent - like the top of a newborn babys head) ???!!
That's a bad example. That lyric is actually one he thought about - in interviews he used to say he liked the line very much.

"Hello, hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo" <- there's your too-easy lyric.

1. Long wait between albums.
2. Sometimes Bono`s politics get in the way of the music, but I have a high tolerance level for it.
3. The fans that basically say that everything U2 have done since POP is horrible.

xaviMF22 said:
the fact that they don't play all of their songs live.......

True, but there's only 18 songs off their studio albums that have never been done live. Not including b-sides they've done live.

++++++++++++++++++++

1. No 'hard copy' box set.

2. Definitely some of their fans. I'm glad I got to listen to all their albums (except 'atomic bomb') without anyone else's input other than, "you should get this album."

Get to form your own opinions and feelings about the songs without outside, pardon the pun, interference. Though that's probably true with other band's forums too. Listen to the album first, then see what others have to say, rather than the other way around.

3. Not enough live albums.

Last edited:
Bono has been annoying me lately, but I dont let it get in the way of my love for all their music.

I listen and love all their records, and even though I want to tell BONO to shut the hell up once in awhile it doesnt bother me that much.

They way they seem to have forgotten that being the biggest, most publicly known band in the world doesn't necessarily mean you are the best band in the world.

Last edited:
The lack of songs like "Bad" "Exit" "Gone" "Please" "Love Is Blindness" "Acrobat" " The Unforgettable Fire" " Running To Stand Still" " Tomorrow" "Drowning Man" NOTHING ON HTDAAB COMES EVEN CLOSE TO THESE AMAZING TRACKS!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!
Having said that HTDAAB has got some "good" and "nice" tracks on it - just nothing like the above gems. Oh well, everyone has they're heyday I guess.

U2.com is the most annoying U2 thing to me:mad: :madspit:

I don't think Bono is preachy, I think he works it in nicely..but thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom