More new U2 album discussion! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:16 AM
More new U2 album discussion!

...or LOST/24/books discussion until we have more U2 news.

But, hey, we're probably only 2 months away from hearing a new U2 song, so that's pretty cool.

What we know:

Not a lot. A bogus tracklisting in the last thread with Alan Cross stirring the internet pot/trolling around, along with a bogus clip of a fake song title. No point in even linking to either of these.

We do know that U2 and Danger Mouse were in New York for awhile reportedly mixing the album, and have since packed up and left. Bono played the album for one or two lucky fans, and apparently others, including Steve Lillywhite, Chris Blackwell and presumably Jimmy Iovine, who has been hanging around with U2 lately.

U2DMFan posted in the previous thread that album announcements reports of All That You Can't Leave Behind and Atomic Bomb being wrapped up came on June 30 of 2000 and 2004 -- so we're probably not too far away from something, unless they're planning on going super stealth...but it's U2 so come on now.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Those weren't album "announcements". That term sort of gives the connotation that it was official or something. They were the first (unofficial) reports of the album being wrapped up. Which has, more or less, already happened this time around (several reports of an album wrap party in NYC). But basically this album cycle is right along with what 21st century U2 normally do when there is no delay. And especially considering they are being so tight-lipped.

Single by Aug/Sep. Album by Oct/Nov, I'd think.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

yeah, sorry, poor word choice by me. too many 'Merican beers by 4 pm. probably time to logoff the internet.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 11:16 PM
So how much money do you all think was thrown out the window by Dharma continuing to send food to the island for 20 years after "The Purge"?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:16 PM
My memory fails, but have we heard anything about the band hanging with Anton Corbijn this time around?

Either the band schedules something with him soon, or perhaps they're going to exclusively use Julian Lennon's photography for this album? And then of course there's the chance the interior photos and the actual cover won't be from the same person, like we saw with No Line.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
My memory fails
Probably because you're so old.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Refugee

Artwork of some kind for the cover, no band photo.
Inside photos from Julian Lennon, maybe others, not exclusively Corbijn's.
That's my prediction.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
My memory fails, but have we heard anything about the band hanging with Anton Corbijn this time around?

Either the band schedules something with him soon, or perhaps they're going to exclusively use Julian Lennon's photography for this album? And then of course there's the chance the interior photos and the actual cover won't be from the same person, like we saw with No Line.
Have not heard anything about Corbijn yet. But yeah...Julian Lennon has been mentioned in various ways. That would be an interesting choice.

Personally I'd prefer someone new.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Wasn't that photo of Edge at Electric Lady Studios from Peter Rowen?

Wouldn't it be cool if the kid in the photo on their first album cover was the photographer for their last album.

EDIT: Yep, it was.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:16 AM
So anyways, back on topic....
An entire season of Survivor pitting Jack Bauer against John Locke! Who will win??? I pick Locke.

No seriously... I am very much looking forward to this new record. NLOTH came out during a crazy period in my life where I was transitioning from youth to adulthood. Everything was changing, and I experienced some growing pains. I was just not in a place to really connect with that album (or any album, really). Now my life is much better, and I'm very excited to experience it for the first time! WE NEED MORE RUMORS!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Wasn't that photo of Edge at Electric Lady Studios from Peter Rowen?

Wouldn't it be cool if the kid in the photo on their first album cover was the photographer for their last album.

EDIT: Yep, it was.

OMG the album will be called MANsnappin'!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
I don't know what I'm doing here, I just want to post something.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

I'd vote for MANsplainin'.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrobatU2Pop View Post
So how much money do you all think was thrown out the window by Dharma continuing to send food to the island for 20 years after "The Purge"?
Yeah, that never totally made sense to me. Like the two dharma guys in the food processing factory from "The New Man in Charge" mini episode were just going to work every day, packaging food for the island, totally unaware that the rest of dharma basically stopped existing decades earlier. Or did they???? Hmmmm... Anyone check Ann Arbor lately?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
The Fly

I'm encouraged by Bono's lack of saying stuff about the album. That might mean a real album is about to happen. If he starts saying things, it probably won't happen, or they'll start all over with a new producer.

Tags
bono, breaking bad, danger mouse, jack bauer, john locke, lost, magnificent, new album please, not manhattan, old arguments, old tricks, orange shirts, space moon, u2, walt