More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more subtle signs...

U2's official twitter handle is now @U2, instead of @u2.com or whatever it was before

It means simply that in the year 2015, .u2 will be a TLD and U2 will be auctioning off domains.

conan_018.jpg

It means simply that in the year 2015, .u2 will be a TLD and U2 will be auctioning off domains.

And then we can go to u2forum.u2inferference.u2u2.u2/u2/u2forum to access this board, for search engine optimization purposes.

And it will still be before the album. :|

That may be but the '2 will re-release Life On a Distant Planet with special Star Wars lyrics just for the soundtrack

*confirmed rumour :shh:*

what browser are you using?
it looks good in Internet Explorer, buggy in Chrome. I think they're still ironing things out.

:laugh: Figures it would look good in IE!!!

I'm using Firefox, and it's... not quite buggy but more like hideous. There's very little overview at all and I doubt that's the purpose of the site.

Has anyone looked to see if any new domains have been registered recently apart from ordinary love?

new u2.com gift coming soon.. with news of tour presale perhaps?

ak1x.png

Can you (or someone else) check something out for me..ask that guy maybe?

I let my membership lapse this year. I was going to renew.

If I renew right this very minute, will I get the current gift, and then when the new gift comes out, that one also?

I want the current one, but I also don't want to be told "whoa buddy we just gave ya a gift so you dont get the new one" or some similar shit.. lol

What do you think?

If I renew right this very minute, will I get the current gift, and then when the new gift comes out, that one also?

I want the current one, but I also don't want to be told "whoa buddy we just gave ya a gift so you dont get the new one" or some similar shit.. lol

What do you think?
I'd ask for ya, but I'm not a member. that guy is a forum mod there though. Wonder if he knows this kind of thing

What do you think?

Check out the u2.com subscriber gift thread. Apparently the site is making exceptions for people who get in touch with them individually.

I read that but interpreted their question being slightly different than mine..I think they are current members nearing the end of their term who want to renew but don't want the current gift, which they already have. If they renew now without that message sent, they might get the current gift...but on the other hand they can't wait for the gift to be announced because their membership might expire and then they will lose their presale status.

Or have I read it wrong? My situation is different than that I think.

Gvox, I think if you renew now you'll get From the Ground Up, but not the next gift- you'd have to renew again to get the new one, whether it's in a week or a year from now. If you wait for the new gift announcement, you'll only get that one.

That makes sense, and it also makes sense for me to get that gift now. And realistically, I'll have to renew in 11 or so months anyways, as we'll be full swing in the tour, and the new gift that will be out soon will still be getting distributed to renewing subscribers at that time...I'll just have it later than most on the board or whatever, but I don't really mind.

Do all subscribers get presale access, regardless of when they joined?

For NLOTH, we didnt get the gift announcement until after the album was announced.

Could we be close to real album news?

Everyone gets access, but at different times. Last tour we had 3 brackets, Horizon, Magnificent and... Boots I think. Horizon members were the longtime ones, got first access... then the next day Magnificent members, who were members between the subscriber gift and tour announcement I think, then Boots members got access halfway through the day, who signed up after the tour announcement.

No you'd be a Magnificent member. Boots was after the album and tour were announced already, I think Magnificent was after the album announcement, Boots after the tour announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom